Options

Help Needs-Tiguan @ T@G digital break pairing issue

memphiahnmemphiahn Member Posts: 39
edited November 2017 in Help - Computer & System

Hi all—While still enjoying my T@G trailer, I met an unexpected hurdle that might ruin my scheduled winter trip in Florida:( I believe this discussion will be essentially meaningful for current/future T@G buyers who own European vehicles.

When picking up 2018 T@G XL Outback a couple of months ago, I installed the Prodigy digital break controller to my 2012 Tiguan (2,200 towing capacity) and worked fine at Day One. But since then, the wireless controller failed to connect with the break of my trailer and I recognized a “flickering issue” in LED lights of my trailer. When connecting two rigs, signals (left, light, stop) are working well, but LED lights remained flickering (or faintly blinking). This was an issue or an indication of issues for not-pairing digital break.

To fix this issue, I visited my trailer dealer shop and I found that Tiguan doesn’t give enough power to my trailer or LEDs do not withdraw enough power (in layperson term). And this is one of the “typical” issues among German/European vehicles sold in the U.S. They checked off NAR code issue (programming) and told me I have to increase resistors to give enough power to LEDs and digital break in my trailer, concluding that they can’t do that for me.....Frustrating....But they suggested me to give a try with an adapter (Curt 57003 7-Way RV Blade LED electrical adapter) between two rigs. But I heard there are potential issues of increasing resistors as well (e.g., “burning” my trailer).

Yesterday, I orederd it and I am waiting for the adapter. I am now worrying if the adapter does not work and what would be my next step.

If you know any answer or suggestion, please let me know. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Memphisahn

Comments