Options

11 gallon rolling tank

Can anyone recommend what is the best rolling grey water tank for our 2018 TAG XL? We want to add the flexibility of grey water storage to be able to stay at more locations.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

There are a ton of these products out there. I think it boils down to “how much extra space do you have and how much are you willing to give up?” I get it, the smaller teardrops are limited as there is no gray tank and you do need a place to collect and store any gray water generated. I use to use a 5 gallon bucket and would dump it in the gray water dump area. I also carried a collapsible bucket as the storage tanks can be cumbersome and bulky.

There are varying size tanks in this model that might serve your intents.

Tote-N-Stor 25606 Portable Waste Transport - 11 Gallon Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085KGOD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VWRJRY4R9VZ299DRYFXW

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Just keep in mind how heavy 11 gallons is - 88 pounds. And the space to carry it. Maybe a smaller container is better?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    SternimotoSternimoto Member Posts: 11

Very helpful info. Thanks. I figure since the water storage tank fits 11 gallons, I could have a rolling tank that is 11 gallons and empty it before it gets too heavy, but at least have the peace of mind that there will be no overflow. I have the one Michigan_Mike recommended in my Amazon cart presently. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. But now I am thinking I should get the 6 gallon version.

Any advice for the hose hook up? Seems like all I need to do is position the rolling tank so the sink water drains into the larger hose port. Do I really need a hose connection?

• Options
    SternimotoSternimoto Member Posts: 11

Based on the advise here, I just got a 5 gallon Barker grey water container. Perfect for what will be required at some of the places we'd like to stay.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Looks like a hose comes with the tank. Watch the red vent cap! Sounds like you need to secure it with some tape to prevent loss.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator