Options

New owners

royh210royh210 Member Posts: 22

Recently we purchased a 2021 NuCamp T@G XL Boondock. We're new to the teardrop or any type of trailer experience. Since we've started looking at what type of trailer we'd consider, the Tag just jumped out to us. Still waiting to pick it up. But we're excited to start camping. I've been finding plenty of helpful ideas just scrolling thru the forum.

I'll be towing it with a 2012 Kia Sportage.

Any tips or tricks you've found as Tag owners will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe we'll join a camp gathering when they're scheduled.

2021 NuCamp T@G XL Boondock 🎣

2012 Kia Sportage🚙

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited May 2021

It was like that for us as well. Was driving by the dealersa and saw the T@G a few times by my self. But then, me and my GF were driving by and I told her about that nice looking trailer. After she saw it, she told me that we should be stoping on our way back. We were hooked. She was laying inside on the bed as I was laying under it looking at how it was built and if I could modifiy it in the med to long run. It was home a few weeks later.

Been happy ever sinve with it. 😊

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

You might check out Cool Tears, an online magazine for owners of teardrop and other tiny campers. Also, there seems to be a sizeable T@G owners group on Facebook. Information from the experiences of others can be invaluable.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400
    edited May 2021

I have a 2019 T@G Boondock. It is our first trailer. We were tent camping before. My wife said tent camping was fine and we didn't need a trailer. Now she wont go back to tents. A soft bed is nice. However, we still feel as if we are tent camping. I've thought of going bigger, but anything I would gain is offset by all the systems I would have to maintain and deal with. We like simplicity.

You have made a wise choice, one you will really enjoy.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

Roy, the best way to orient is simply hit the road, all the things you need to add or cool accessories will become obvious to you after a few trips. I would recommend at least one water jerry can, a seperate Igloo Orange water cooler filled with party ice when you take off every time, plenty of beer.

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited May 2021

Beaky is correct. You really have to find out what works for “y’all”.

Many things that work for me doesn’t work camping as a couple like pissing in a gatorade bottle at night or a goodnights sleep together in a camper. The XL is a good start though.

An agreed upon toilet system and shower is a good start too.

Propane is where its at for us, even a propane campfire if we want.

Do get some kinda tent they really do come in handy.

When we sleep in the camper together, 2” foam under the factory mattress, 20mg of melatonin, a shot of whiskey, and a benadryl will get you through the first 5 hours.

We both slept better in a good cabin tent with mattress but after Gary Michael Hilton pitched his tent 3’ from ours we sleep in a hardshell ONLY now.

ALWAYS WATCH FOR FOLK WHILE CAMPING THAT DISPLAY ABNORMAL BEHAVIORAL PATTERNS! The exception to this is “Horse People” and usually peoples with young children.

I am unfriendly as possible toward these type folk and anyone that violates my camp space or personal space is in grave danger.