Options

Warranty Service Disappointment

Last winter my wife & I decided to purchase a T@G trailer, but with the pandemic induced shortages it was difficult to find one in the configuration we wanted at out local dealer in northern Colorado. So, we began looking at some of the dealers in neighboring states. We were fortunate to find one in Utah and I made the 9 hour drive to purchase it in December - All Good!!

This week we began experiencing issues with a repetitive blown fuse, so I reached out to our local NuCamp Dealer to ask about warranty service. I was informed that their service department was very busy and they were only servicing trailers which were purchased at their dealership until NEXT YEAR!!

I contacted NuCamp and explained the situation to them. They stated that many dealers are independently owned and their policies are out of NuCamp's control. They did provide a contact for a mobile repair service (an hour away) who might be willing to come to look at the issue. I have yet to hear back from this repair service.

Good News - I spent 4 hours of my own time working on the issue and I believe I have it resolved.

Bad News - I have 6 months left on my factory warranty and a local dealer who is not even willing to provide service until next year (when the warranty will be expired). So if I have and issue, I either need to 1) fix it myself, 2) drive over 2 hours & 125 miles to the next dealer (if they will service) or 3) hope that NuCamp can find a local service center that they can work with for warranty service.

We chose NuCamp because their trailers are considered some of the best in their class - which I still believe. Understandably, this level of quality, design and reputation comes with a higher price tag, which we were willing to pay. To date, the folks at NuCamp have been great to work with and I believe that they stand behind their products. However, it seems that the dealer & service network does not have the same values and commitment to customer service as NuCamp.

2021 TAG XL Boondock

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited June 2021

I have experienced the same issue with Princess Craft in Round Rock. Verbatim what you were told.

I’ve been handling all of my issues out of pocket or doing it myself.

I’ve had bearing seal problems and many other things.

My back story is, my other trailers are custom ordered WellsCargo and I finish the conversion by installing King sized bed, full sized shower, Thetford toilet, RV hot water, and much more. I ordered them insulated, RV doors, windows, the works. I have some that are over 20 years old and never had a problem…ever !

I even have one converted heavy steel horse trailer as one of my hunting camps with a mud room and wood stove.

My experience with commercial RV trailers Was always rentals from Military bases and someone else handled the problems.

I decided on the T@G as a garage kept rig ready to go at a moment’s notice in the event an aging family member died and I needed to insure a bed during this Plandemic. I also figured it to be a bed inbetween cabins and condos locations.

I’ll NEVER BUY ANOTHER PREFABRICATED RV TRAILER.

Its not just a NuCamp problem, its any RV.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Since nucamp is aware of the difficulty regarding warranty repair, ask them if they would agree to extend the warranty on that item, since it happen before the warranty was over.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

It’s unfortunate that you’ve experienced what you have. You did the right thing working with nuCamp and am sure that they will do whatever they can within their power to help you out. And inasmuch as the pandemic has created shortages, labor issues, etc. there are still good people out there who will go the extra mile to help you out. I lost a bearing one time out in Cottonwood, AZ, called Tom’s Camperland and they removed an axle from a new unit and we drove down, they handed us the new axle, took the damaged axle and we headed back and stuck it on the trailer. There’s always a silver lining in every cloud. 👍🏻

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

@LovelandPaul said:

This week we began experiencing issues with a repetitive blown fuse, so I reached out to our local NuCamp Dealer to ask about warranty service.

Good News - I spent 4 hours of my own time working on the issue and I believe I have it resolved.

What was the problem and fix?

2017 T@G Max