Dust

csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

I won’t get into all the details but, long story short, I failed to crank down our roof vent on our T@G tight enough and, with 2 hrs on rough gravel road, the roof vent bounced open and it came lots of dust that coated everything inside. We didn’t know it till we stopped for fuel and I noticed the roof vent up. We finally got most of it cleaned when arriving at our spot for the night, except inside the A/C vents. Will either need a vacuum with a very small attachment for that, or, hold up a large garbage bag when we turn it on to catch the dust. Speaking of A/C. The rectangle vent underneath our floor, we did not seal, but we did feel cool air coming through into our T@G last night. When driving on dusty roads, do we need to seal that vent underneath?

Comments

• zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 204

I have wondered the same thing.......I think I might make a hinged door of sorts that can just hang when open. And then some foam plugs for the cowbells. Why not?

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2021

I made a modification with a small slim bungee cord. ANOTHER WEAK SPOT !

Working on adding a 5” fan up there instead of the Hoover too.

I also put duct tape over the cowbell openings or at least some pillow stuffing in them.

• rasras Member Posts: 173
    edited July 2021

We put big sponges in the cowbells when traveling on dusty roads, lock the windows and lock the ceiling vent.. Some folks seal the bottom ac air vent too! On paved roads, we have the windows locked in the first opening position (like WilliamA) and the ceiling vent cracked for cooling. Even on very hot days.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I hadn't thought of that but those are all great ideas. The vent underneath appears to be a regular air register like in my house. I know Amazon has magnetic and foam seals for registers.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

Especially for the Boondock, which is supposedly built for off-road use, somewhere…..nuCamp should post recommendations for dusty conditions. Very disappointing to coat our new interior with dust like that. One good thing. My wife was really bothered by the “new” smell. The dust took care of it just as kitty litter does it’s thing.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited July 2021

Well, tge off road look is really misleading for sure.

But, you do get stronger, bigger and more aggressive tire witch are more suited for rougher condition, and gravelmroad like you more than anyome will encouter (the fiberglass low hight tire fenders of regular T@G do not hold well at all to gravel.)

Still able to get on a beach or tye side of some river bed, easier to travel past unimproved roads. But not at baja speed or king of the hammer allure.

And remmenber, your TV is a mini van! 😉

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2021

Agreed LuckJ. I have a Boondock but wouldnt take it out on much more than a dirt road. If I wanted to tackle the big stuff, I would look at Bean, Colorado Teardrops or Timberleaf.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited July 2021

@HikinMike said:
    Agreed LuckJ. I have a Boondock but wouldnt take it out on much more than a dirt road. If I wanted to takle the big stuff, I would look at Bean, Colorado Teardrops or Timberleaf.

You could also include socal.

But with this comes price and weight.

But one thing I do not like about some of those trailers (I do not know them all, is the fact that inside space can feel more cramped and with smaller windows and sometime inly one door. And again, the weight and size.