Amplock Tls2, anybody

JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
edited August 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades

Comments

• zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 204

Interesting, that's the first I've seen it. It looks solid, seems like it would work. But it doesn't secure the chains (that I saw looking quickly).

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited August 2021

@zgfiredude said:
    Interesting, that's the first I've seen it. It looks solid, seems like it would work. But it doesn't secure the chains (that I saw looking quickly).

What is the porpuse of locking the chains, when someone who want the trailer could easily rig the locked chains with and other chain, only using the same type of hooks?

• JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2021

There is no reason to lock chains. I’m a twenty year soldier and a prior trailer thief.

I was just trying to make sure it fits.

You can steal a tag regardless of security measures but this might slow down the crackheads a real boot would probably be the best deterrent

@JohnnyLoco said:
    There is no reason to lock chains. I’m a twenty year soldier and a prior trailer thief.

I was just trying to make sure it fits.

You can steal a tag regardless of security measures but this might slow down the crackheads a real boot would probably be the best deterrent

I agree with you on the slow down part. And I am no former trailer thief but If I wanted to steel a trailer, I know how easy it would be. 😊

• zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 204

I merely mention it as a difference between that lock and others. The chains are a concern to some, thanks for the attack. :o

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I use one similar to that (it works well) plus other devices as too.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2021

Just don’t understand what someone is trying to prevent by locking chains.
    Mask don’t work either.

edited August 2021

@zgfiredude said:
    I merely mention it as a difference between that lock and others. The chains are a concern to some, thanks for the attack. :o

That was a real question about including the chains in the locking system. I have to appologise, since I forgot the question marks at the end of my sentence. But it was a real question.

Cause in my mind, no matter what you do, you still have plenty of places to hook up the front of a T@G or any light weight trailer and leave with it. Even the lock becomes a block to wrap a chain or cable around.

Anyone ever tough about locking a 2 "in ball in the hitch" and if you worry about the chains, then simply modify them so that they would get a hook at both ends and remove them when stationary.

Oh, and I do understand that mask do not works on a flat earth. But on a round globe..... 😉

Just my 0.02$