Options

2022 T@Gs coming out

Seeing posts on Facebook that 2022s are being delivered - notable are that the cooler is on backorder (to be delivered at a later time, understandable) but that the stereo has been removed in favor of a portable bluetooth speaker.

I know when I received my 2021 it was without a TV (which is okay with me, I prefer my tablet), but I actually do like the two zone stereo setup. I am currently in the process of upgrading the speakers and looking to potentially add a slim sub to the storage center and a small amp to increase the volume quality a tad, but I like having it and would be disappointed in just a portable speaker when I have some exceptional JBL Boomboxes I take with me.

No complaints from me, but maybe this is an effort to keep the cost increases from being excessive and the supply chain?

Comments

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

We seem to be steadily downgrading features and accessories. Not a good trend.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 205

I'll be going to the Mountain West Overland Expo this weekend and noticed that NuCamp is a vendor, I'll go see what they show/have....

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

We have a 2017 with all the bells and whistles. We do well without the AC here in the North West. Do not use the TV or sound system at all. I feel that they should at least make available as options for those whole like. My bride likes the provided electric cooler/frig and Micro Wave of this vintage. Stamp em all out the same each year must be the the only way they can meet or at least try to meet the demand. I would strip out the stuff we don't use but the next family might like the extras. Kind of vintage myself, so this, I am sure, is our last camping toy.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 205

I glanced at a T@G XL at the expo........the quick things I noticed were, No Stereo, different/smaller A/C unit, new/different heater that was quite a bit larger than the previous unit.

There were no other visible changes that I noticed in the quick look I was able to take. I like my 2021 better.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

A smaller AC was needed. That should equate to more storage. Now that the expo is on, I'll be watching for something to be posted on YouTube.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    MaryJessMaryJess Member Posts: 12

We got a 2022 T@G XL Boondock in November. You are correct.. mostly. The cooler was on backorder, then replaced with an Otter Trooper LT30, which I am not a fan of. There is also no stereo, but we did get a speaker. The speaker is nice, but I would have preferred the stereo.

• Options
    ahbradfordahbradford Member Posts: 14

I agree. The stereo opens up a lot of possibilities. I think they made a mistake getting rid of it.

• Options
    ahbradfordahbradford Member Posts: 14

The TV wasn't needed anymore, with that stereo you could easily bluetooth your iPad to that stereo and have a (fairly) great movie experience. It is easy and convenient.

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

For rainy nights with no campfire the TV with stereo sound for Netflix/Amazon is a real luxury. If we were ordering a new camper and they were an option we would add that every time.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R