Options

Mattress

Has anyone upgraded their tag mattress? I'm outfitting my used 2016 tag so it will be ready for spring. I'm thinking of purchasing two good self inflammation pads? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

@TheresaA, I use an L L Bean Camp Futon self inflating mattress in my T@B and it is absolutely great. I use a twin fitted sheet on it (yes, it is too large) with the excess tucked under it. The Camp Futon has a non-slippery surface which is so much better than the typical self inflator.

They have different widths and lengths, with three different “models” to choose from.

(I have no financial interests in the LL Bean company, just a satisfied customer of many years.)

• Options
    TheresaATheresaA Member Posts: 24

Hi Verna. Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to look the LL Bean mattress up right now.

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

I bought several rolls of 2in foam at hobby lobby to cover the entire queen twice.
    step 1 : remove the camper mattress
    step 2 : put 2in foam on top of the wood.
    step 2 : put the the 4in camper mattress over that
    step 3 : then put an additional 2in foam on top of the camper mattress

Its a total of 8 inch. Very comfy, like sleeping at home.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

Hi Eric, this sounds simple and affordable. Thank you. And happy holidays.

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

We got some 2" thick memory foam to cover the stock mattress. I weigh 175-180, and 2" is perfect for me. If a person weighed much more than that, though, thicker might be better.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited December 2017

We have purchased three of these toppers and they are great! We have one on each bed in our homes and purchased one for the T@B. I cut the topper down to the exact size for the T@B by using an electric carving knife. I snapped a line with a chalk string (you could do the same with a straight edge and a sharpie) and made a precision cut to fit it in perfectly.

PharMeDoc Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 2 Inch Thick, Queen Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQCRTOJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_awynAbE0DGFQG

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

This seems perfect. Thank you Mike.

• Options
    BoydBoyd Member Posts: 10

My Wife and I were in Freeport Main at LL Bean. We picked up two full length foam filled air materess. My wife likes her side a little softer than I, so we can fill with a little air as needed. We put the stock materess on top of the air matress. Works great. the rest of the trip to California was like sleeping at home.

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

Per my earlier post, I originally put in 2in foam topper on top. Then later in time I added the additional 2in foam below the bed because it still felt hard for me at times. But now its perfect. Take note, the more thicker the bed, the less room there is below the air conditioner, like my feet don't quite fit in the space between AC and bed. I originally tried putting two Therm-a-Rest sleeping pads in there, and it didn't quite work out for me, as they are not rectangular shaped.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

I think I'll start with 2 inches and see how it feels. I'm 100 lbs, so I might have better luck. Thank you.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

My wife has back issues and we have tried the eggshell toppers, gone to the various foam toppers and thicknesses and purchased items when traveling to no avail. Linda found the topper above on Amazon and we have two Sleep Number mattresses in both homes and I was amazed at just how comfortable it made the beds. And as noted, I bought another one for the T@B, cut it to size and will be sleeping on it after the New Year on our way out to Why, AZ and Coyote Howls campground where we plan to spend the winter months under the stars and sunshine! I can't wait! =)B)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    BobRBobR Member Posts: 17

I use a REI Camp Bed Self-Inflating mattress under the factory foam. Works great for me (225 lbs, 6 Ft). Product dimensions for the X-Long version: 78 x 30 x 3.5 inches, gives a R-6 insulation factor as well. Most of the time I am set up as a single bed. Also covered the remaining plywood with BedRug I pulled out of my old TV pickup. Nice and comfy.

Bob Richert
    2018 T@G Outback
    2017 Jeep Rubicon
    Ranger the Golden Retriever