Options

Just purchased (Dec17) T@G XL Boondock!

2»

Comments

• Options
    lost_in_the_woodslost_in_the_woods Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2018

Just spoke with Paha Que. They say to expect them to take orders around the end of May for mid June tents that will fit.

Experiences are more valuable than possessions.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@TomD said:
    PahaQua a little behind the curve.

Keep in mind too that they do produce similar products for other trailer manufacturers (NüCamp, Little Guy, Rpod, ALiner, etc.) other than NüCamp so it takes time to fit the screen rooms to the trailers, etc. And since the trailers are built in the Midwest and Paha Que is out on the western slope I'm sure that logistics and trailer availability have something to do with some of these issues too.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    elitchavezelitchavez Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

I contacted PahaQue last night and they responded today with:

"From: Jason Rogers
    Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:50 AM
    To: Eli Chavez
    Subject: Re: 5x7 Mini Side Mount Screen Room Tent

Hello Eli,

The current 5x7s will not work on your trailer. But the next batch will. We'll have those in stock sometime in July. (We will not be selling them directly, however.) So what I'd say is to check back about it around the end of June and we'll have a better idea of when they'll be back.

Jason Rogers
    PahaQue Customer Service"

• Options
    tanda62tanda62 Member Posts: 38

Thanks for the update. I wonder if the same timeline applies to the 10x10 tents? When I talked to PahaQue about a month ago they said June and to keep checking their facebook page for the latest.

• Options
    MccrusnMccrusn Member Posts: 26

An update to this post: When I originally contacted Pahaque about the 5x7 and 10x10 tents... they said spring. Then spring turned into probably June... since then June became "Summer". In the meantime... I'm starting to hear of many quality problems that one wouldn't/shouldn't expect with a tent in this price range?! One of them was damaged poles... replacements not available unless you buy a new tent... Really?!? Poor material and workmanship, etc... I know you need to be careful with reviews.... but it is starting to make me wonder if I should just find something else? The quest is still on for two things... a good side tent and a good fly for the back galley. We are going to the NuCamp rally in July and there I hope to be able to see/touch/feel/learn what other people are learning works best. I'll update if I learn something useful.

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

I have a non-Boondock version of the T@G. I have used my Pahaque 10X10 screenroom and one thing I noticed is that if I am on a very unlevel site with the tent side lower then the other by more than 4 inches or so, the top of the T@G door rub the zippered part of the tunnel into the screenroom. I was in a site a few weeks ago that was 6 inches low and could not open the door all the way due to the interference. I would guess if the Boondock sits 4 inches higher then a non-Boondock, you would be OK on level sites, but if you have the tent-side lower than the other, you would be in trouble. I would wait for the Boondock freindly version if it were me spending 5 bills.

• Options
    BeeBee Member Posts: 7

We have a Pahaque 5x7 and twice while camping in the rain the floor has become saturated. We use it as a changing/storage area and, of course, everything in it was wet too. Ran did not come in through the sceen walls but seeped up through the floor.

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

With any tent it's a good idea to put some kind of tarp or footprint cloth underneath the floor to prevent moisture from seeping in from the bottom. Your basic WallyWorld tarp should do the trick.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback