Options

Portable Lithium Battery Inverter VS RV Lithium

Hi all, I wanted to give a little tip I've found.

A lot of people add lithium batteries, but I feel that an inverter battery solution could be superior depending on your situation.

For the inverter batteries, you just keep your normal battery, and get something like an EcoFlow Delta, or a Bluetti.
Mine is a EcoFlow Delta, and was about $900 on sale.

Ecoflow is a good choice, because of the hight continuous output (1800W). Just plug the device into your shore power port on your tag, and you get 1.26KWh of energy storage, with 1800W continuous output that can keep your internal battery charged.

Bonus is that you can also use the microwave, heater, coffee maker, or AC if needed. (Looks like the heater uses about 600W and the AC is slightly less, so it can run those for at least a few hours at least). You could even run the AC and the microwave at the same time (not for too long, but it will work just fine until it dies)

The nice part of this is that the battery can be charged in less than 1hr via a normal 110V outlet, it also supports solar panels (it's mobile so you can easily chase the sun), and it can slowly charge from the battery in your car via the 12V port when you are traveling.

For me, the flexibility offered is more useful than a built in lithium, as it it felxible, has more storage and it's also a high power inverter.

Definitely worth considering.

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

ahbradford I am with you. My plan is to purchase the EcoFlow Delta 1300. Nice thing, I can use it in my house as a source of emergency power too. Im choosing the EcoFlow as it has about the fastest charge time of anything out there.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    ahbradfordahbradford Member Posts: 14

Very cool. I've liked mine for sure. Also nice if you want to.. IDK, say run table saw in the corner of your back yard real quick, or use a heat gun somewhere inconvenient.

Totally agree the fast charge rate of 1 hr on the Delta is a real win for camping. You can start picking sites without power and still run electric blankets and cook in the microwave, run the heater for while, make some ice, and then charge it up at the gate or whatever. I would say it's a better use of funds than a lithium battery alone for sure.

One more thing that's great, I have an iceco cooler that lives in the back of my SUV. (I have another post where I turn the cooler opening into drawers.) If you plug the 12V cooler in the 12V port on the Delta, then plug the Delta in the car 12V, then you don't have to worry about the car's 12V turning off, but it will (slowly) charge the Delta when it's on. Very nice.

• Options

Nice tip. I do use my cooler in the 4Runner when I crew for my daughters Ultras. The off/on thing was an issue.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited February 2022

I do like the power station idea, but I just do not have the need, space or the weight capacity for a large one.
    With my existing trailer setup (110V for AC only)  I do not foresee the need of a large power station. In our area we very rarely have power outages and only one in 30 plus years has lasted any appreciable time. My Nocold refrigerator always remains at the ready in the back of my T@G.
    A 1260Wh power station one like the EF Ecoflow (1800W) (30 lbs) would power my trailer AC for around 2.9 hours. My existing Renogy 100Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery has basically the same capacity/specifications as the EF Ecoflow for $200-$300 less. If I wanted to power my AC via battery power, I could with my inverter, but I would likely never do that.
    I have powered my AC at times with my propane generator (26 lbs.). With a small 1lb cylinder I can run the AC for 1.6 hours, If I connect it to my 20lb tank I could get 30 plus hours.
    My existing lithium battery with no recharging whatsoever, has proven to meet all of my summer camping power requirements, less AC for 4 continuous days (30% capacity remaining). I do have a 100-watt Renogy solar suitcase and have also noted I can recharge my lithium battery via my tow vehicle at a charge increase rate of about 11% per 200 highway miles.
    I now have a Renogy Phoenix 300 Power Station, which is small and lightweight and should meets my recharging needs. (6.4 lbs   7.1"x6.1"x5.6")
    I also have a folding E.Flex 50-watt solar panel which just by itself has proven it can recharge things like phones, cameras, flashlights, laptop and my Phoenix Power Station.
    Good luck with your setup. It sounds like it will meet all of your needs

• Options

You have an awesome set up JamesDow One reason I like this forum is the variety of great setups everyone has.

• Options
    MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 23

Using it with my T@G was one reason that I bought an Ecoflow Delta in 2019. The pandemic kep me from being able to use it, so instead I used it as backup power around the house. I’m sorry to report that it has failed, after one month past the warranty. I may ship it out to get repaired, but expect a hefty shipping charge. But it worked great, until it stopped working!

• Options

Misterbee I am looking at the Delta 1300 and it lists the life cycle at 800+. It certainly doesnt seem like alot considering the price.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Costco just had the EcoFlow Power Station Delta 1800 on sale for $949. They also had the EcoFlow 160 solar panel for $299. But. . . . Ended 2/27.

When you think about the advertised cycle life 800 or 1000 is not bad for a camper or cabin not using a power station full time. A monthly average of 5 to 8 full cycles would be 60-96 per year. 800÷96=8.3 years. (1000÷96=10.4 years) 96 annual days of camping is a good amount. I wish I did 3 months a year of camping.