Options

Awning help

New T@G XL Boondock owner (2022) and loving it. We are looking for a good rain proof awning. Can't decide on a batwing style or just a straight out awning. Our camper has a factory installed Yakima roof bars (round style). I like the idea of it being attached and not packing a 1st up style shelter or deal with a tent.

We have seen the ARB 2500X2500 awning used in the wild and know its construction and like its waterproof canvas. It seems a tad better built than the Slim Shady from Yakima.

We've also seen the OVS 270 batwing and like its sturdy build, but a batwing is made for one side or the other. With a straight awning, the thought is we could swap sides if need be or buy 2 down the road (one for each side). For the OVS, what installation brackets do you need??

The ARB has the room option which is a nice upgrade also.

As you can see I'm leaning towards the ARB :-) What brackets do you buy to mount it with - I know nothing about roof racks???? I don't want to modify (read drill holes and weld) the factory Yakima bars. Someone have some part numbers maybe??

Sorry for all of the questions - we've been camping and with all of the pop up showers in the southeast - we need an awning!!

Hank

Comments