Options

New T@G XL owner

Hank30721Hank30721 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Introductions

We've purchased a 2022 Boondock to pull behind our Jeep. We are learning all the ins and outs of teardrop camping - long time tent campers that are getting a little too old to sleep on the ground!

We are thoroughly enjoying reading all of the modification posts and just good ideas on doing things. This is our 1st camper. I grew up tent camping but my family had a large trailer camper that we left on a piece of property in the mountains. So my last camper experience was over 40 years ago :smiley:

We need an awning that's for sure - too many pop up showers here in Georgia/Tennessee/Alabama. I made a post about awnings in the Modification area - please check it out and help out a newbie.

Hank

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited July 2022

We have an SE XL so I’m assuming sleeping size is the same.

Side tent with big rubber mat, pop up shower, folding cripple toilet, dog house heater,2 Cabela's outfitter XL sleeping bags are an exact fit, folding tables and chairs, frame mounted fenders, Goodyear tires.

Don’t forget to put some duct tape around the shaft of the rear door locks and loc-tight on the recessed allen screw or you’ll lose the stuff.

I also mounted a receiver hitch flag holder onto the tongue that holds a patio umbrella .

You can build a toilet seat frame that mounts to the back wall with a support pipe that will fit between mattresses with a large funnel that drains through a hose for female night time pees if you don’t have a side tent.

I use ecoflow stuff for powering up while boon docking and sometimes use an alps propane generator.

Also, Starlink internet. I literally have all the creature comforts when off grid.

Oh yeah, a white tarp to cover the trailer during the day keeps that heat gone !

On occasion I use a modified bumper dumper toilet (with 5 gal bucket and bags) with a slit for the hitch in my pop up toilet tent.

Also, cut and glue some of those carpet squares to the inside of the trailer and doors up high enough to where the cold walls don’t wake you up if you touch them at night.

We use a Keurig coffee maker inside for a fresh cup of joe in the Yeti handled mug before getting out in the morning.

Congrats !