22 T@g door lock issues

kvdreamerkvdreamer Member Posts: 5

We just picked up a used 22 T@g XL Boondock edition and I am having trouble engaging the deadbolt lock when the door is closed. When the door is open I can easily use the key to slide the deadbolt in and out. When the door is shut I can’t lock the door. I think adjusting the strike plate might correct it. Has anyone had to do this? Suggestions or tips would be appreciated. At times I have trouble engaging the handle lock on this door as well. The other door locks seem to work perfectly. Thanks for any help you can provide.
KV
22 T@g XL Boondock “Sugar Shack”

Comments

• Tag75605Tag75605 Member Posts: 40

I would think that issue would’ve covered by the warranty. If it was me, I would give Nucamp a call, just to make sure. Then I would take it to the dealer and let them figure it out, assuming it’s covered by warranty.

Nucamp makes a quality product and they are very good about taking care issues that arise.

• kvdreamerkvdreamer Member Posts: 5

I emailed Nucamp support and asked for advice since my camper was a used one and has no warranty. They suggested adjusting/moving the strike plate down and instead of doing that I filed it down slightly and now the deadbolt works. The travel lock still doesn’t work correctly but at least the deadbolt will lock now.