Options

Looking for a 2018-2021 used T@G Boondock Edge

I would much prefer a 5-wide basic TAG, but most of the ones for sale are 6-wide TAG XLs. The 5-wides are much easier to maneuver on narrow roads and still plenty comfortable. What am I missing? Why are the 5-wides so hard to find?

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 637

Finding the right trailer can be challenging.
    I ended up buying a used 2018 5-wide standard T@G in December 2018.
    I had to drive about 450 miles (one way) to purchase it from a private seller.
    I had to go with the 5-wide due to towing capacity weight restrictions of my tow vehicle. The 5-wide meets all of our needs and tracks behind my 2012 Rav4 like a dream. This is especially important on narrow forest service roads. As long as have the weight restrictions, I have no desire to change to a larger trailer.
    Your post made me remember my purchase quest.
    Developed a spreadsheet with all the particulars of trailers I had an interest in and then narrowed down my final choices. I just relooked at that spreadsheet and noted that 42 trailers were over 1,000 miles away. Only 7 were less than 200 miles away.
    I can only guess, as the owner of a 5-wide, that if I wanted to sell my trailer, I bet I could find a buyer in my neighborhood without advertising outside of my immediate area.
    Out of curiosity, I just checked RV Trader and found two used 5-wide and two used 6-wide T@G trailers in a 1,000-mile radius from where I live.
       Good luck in your search.
          Don't give up.

• Options
    daviddaydavidday Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the encouragement, James!

• Options
    Tag75605Tag75605 Member Posts: 40

These trailers are out there, but they are in demand. Sometimes people buy one and they decide camping isn’t for them, they go through a divorce, get laid off or some other unfortunate event occurs in their life and they decide to sell.

I’ve got two friends that both purchased new RV’s upon retirement. They were both going to live the dream and travel, several months a year. Both decided real quick that it wasn’t for them. One decided after just one trip. Both sold at a loss.

I bought my 5 wide new, two years ago. The dealer had two brand new ones, when I called. By the time I got there, the next morning, he only had one. Fortunately, it was exactly what I wanted.

I love my 5 wide. It fits my needs perfectly. There’s plenty of room for it in my two car garage. It tows just fine. What’s not to like about it?

Hang in there. Be patient. You will find exactly what you are looking for and it will be at the price you are willing to pay.