Options

New to Forum

Bobby_SCBobby_SC Member Posts: 1

Hi all, new owner from S.C. Picked up my 2022 Tag XL Boondock from the dealer on Friday and spent Saturday cleaning the exterior and going over everything to get use to how everything works. Plan on taking it out soon for its maiden voyage. I do have one question. I would like to replace the otter cooler with a 12volt/110 volt chest type cooler with dual zones. Can anyone suggest a brand and what is the largest cooler I can install without causing a issue with the kitchen door not latching correctly? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I would suggest a search on this site using keyword "refrigerator".

My 2018 came with a Norcord NRF 30. A bit expensive, but has worked very well with no issues. Draws around 50 watts.

Rember, you will/may want a slideout drawer. It makes access a lot easier.

• Options
    Tag75605Tag75605 Member Posts: 40

As Janesdow said, the Norco seems to do well. I have a yeti cooler in mine.

I’ll share with you a pointer my dealer gave me. I’m glad I took his advice. He said, “Spend a couple of nights, camping in your driveway, to figure everything out. After that, camp in a state park, or an RV park, close to home, for a few nights. Get used to how things work, before you venture far from home”.

RV owners are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. Most are more than willing to help out a new owner or answer questions. I got very lucky on my first camping trip. I was right next to a couple that was very experienced. They gave me all sorts of advice.

Have fun!

• Options
    drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

The prior owner of my 2020 took the cooler, which I was fine with; those are not the best choice in Texas as they can't keep things cold enough. I got a bit of a discount, which was nice, and I bought a Bouge RV unit that can be freezer or fridge. When on the road, I use it as fridge. At home - which it is a 32 ft. Bounder Class A RV - it is an extra freezer. It's the 30 quart. I removed the slide out fridge shelf (weight mostly, as I am tight on limits with my TV) and it is perfect. When traveling, I simply place a leftover piece of my foam mattress topper in front of it to keep it from moving and banging into the clamshell.

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

• Options
    MontanaDryflyguyMontanaDryflyguy Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2022

I’m a new T@G 2021 Boondock XL owner. Not new to trailers, it’s my 5th! Started with a 22 foot AS in 2010, 2 Lances and a Casita since and now this. My wife iis not really into camping although we’ve had some fantastic trips. Moved to Montana 2 years ago leaving my Lance in Bend on consignment, it sold. I fly fish and camp and came to the conclusion that I don’t need a house while I’m doing these activities. So this is perfect for me, I have all the comforts I need and my trailer is not getting sucked over by a semi on the interstate. Glad to be here.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Welcome.

Glad you right sized. My 2018 standard 5-wide is my first.

Has some advantages over tent camping, although a tent has its place and time.

• Options
    ZombiecatZombiecat Member Posts: 10

Love my Boondock XL! Owned almost two years and have put about 40K miles on it, crisscrossing the U.S. I've reconfigured it to an upgraded single bed, with carpeted floor space, bedside table and additional drawer space (removable) for extended trips. Tossed the microwave and TV screens for more usable space.
    I have an inexpensive, off brand refrigerator from Amazon; works well enough for me. You're only going to get about 30 quarts of capacity, regardless of brand. I also suggest using a flat, nylon tie down strap to secure the fridge to the slide drawer when traveling. This will prevent frustration when even mild bumps dislodge the power cord.
    Happy Trails!

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."

• William Blake

2021 T@g XL Boondock