Help with Fender Removal

Hello Everyone,

I hope some of you can give me some advice. The passenger side fender, of my 2020 T@g Boondock lite, developed a crack. I contacted Nucamp about it, and they were kind enough to send me a new fender.

Well, I removed the screws that hold the old fender in place. Unbeknownst to me, there is some sort of an adhesive that’s between the fender and the wall of the trailer. That fender and the wall are stuck together like glue. Pun intended.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to remove the fender? It’s really stuck on there. I’m afraid I will rip part of the wall off, if I try to force it. Also, assuming I do somehow manage to get the fender off, do I need to apply this adhesive to the new fender? What is this adhesive and where do I get it?

Thanks in advance, for any assistance you might be able to give me.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 631

Contact tech@nucamprv.com. They will tell you how to proceed.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

Same issue on my 2020, both sides. However, I decided instead to buy some Jen-Weld and simply shore it up. I figure it will happen again to new fenders at some time in the same places, so why spend the extra coin. Just my idea...

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

• JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited August 2022

Sorry friend, only one way to fix the shoddy Nucamp fender work. I had frame mounted step fenders (steel) made to solve the problem forever because it will happen again and again.

T@Gs are neat but have so many flaws. Its why I bought an SE and did my own improvements.

Mine is Boondock but got rid of the China Bombs for Goodyear. Less bounce to the ounce.