Options

lost running lights

Recently purchased 2020 T@G Boondock - during 1st trip lost my running lights. Backup lights & turn signals OK. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ZombiecatZombiecat Member Posts: 10

I assume you're referring to the lights on top of the fenders? Yep, happened to me, too. The wires aren't well secured and eventually pop loose, rub against the tires and break. My local NuCamp dealer had seen this before. They replaced the wiring (which included the light fixture, it's all one unit) and properly re-secured it with a protective sheath. Nearly 18K miles later and no problems!

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius."

• William Blake

2021 T@g XL Boondock

• Options
    MontanaDryflyguyMontanaDryflyguy Member Posts: 8

I recently purchased 2021 and had one fender/marker light out. I looked under the chassis and found a broken wire. Reconnected it and works fine, I also secured the wire on both sides under the fender with super strong tape. All good now.

• Options
    CharlieNYCharlieNY Member Posts: 22

Hi, folks--
    The running light on one fender of my T@G Boondock isn't working. I stopped at a random RV dealer and he said it's not a bulb, but the whole fixture. Said it's a NuCamp part. Has anyone had this problem?

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2023

Yes, sort of... When I picked my T@G up, one of the fender lights was not working. It turned out to be a broken wire, caused by the lamp being poorly installed at the factory - maybe my camper was built on a Monday morning or late Friday afternoon. The service guys pulled the wheels off, then extended and re-ran the wires on both sides to get them further away from the wheels & suspension. They've worked fine ever since.

If you can get underneath the camper and investigate the wires, maybe that's what happened to you. You could also try testing the lamp with a 12v battery to see whether it's really dead.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options

Thanks, folks. The wire is intact, and it's tight enough not to saga against the wheel. And I'm 200 miles from the NuCamp dealer. Oh, well. This will be a project for the spring.

• Options

Y'all were right. On closer inspection, the wheel had broken the wire. If this hasn't happened to you yet, be forewarned and get under the fender behind the wheel and secure those running light wires well away from the tires.