Options

Listing of Items Purchased for T@G

Below are photos of items purchased after buying my 2018 standard (non-boondock) 5-wide trailer.
I have broken them down into some broad categories.
I have also included a PDF attachment which contains enlarged individual photos and additional information.
This stroll down Amazon-lane may provide some useful gift ideas.
  It did show where some of my money went.
        Comments Welcome.
               Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 173

more like where A LOT of your money went

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2022

@ras;
    Yep, a lot of money. Adding up what is shown, $4,312 total with tax, or around $1,232 per year of ownership (3.5 years). A lot of the costs shown are post inflation, so my actual expenses were less. Some costs were actually $0 because the items were requested to be returned and Amazon refunded and said not to return items.
    I am totally into full costs items shown plus - (2018 T@G Max 5-Wide) including tax, license and insurance for 3.5 years at a grand total <$17,000. (For all that s***, that ain't bad)

I still do a fair amount of tent camping, so a number of items are dual purpose.
    And some things I use around the house also.
    I do not anticipate very much additional cost, so in the grand scope of things I do not feel I have spent an excessive amount.
    I wonder how others have spent since their T@G purchase?

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

I kept a list for our TaB, but stopped keeping track a while ago. North of $6 K. But now we have everything we need. Several items became redundant and were sold. If you are new to traveling with a trailer, it takes some time and money to figure out what you truly need. Boondocking vs camping with hookups certainly adds a lot to the costs (solar, battery monitor and geni). You discover that certain items aren’t as useful as expected. We originally purchased a 10 x 10 canopy that we now use at home. You also end up replacing things. We purchased a grill that was too bulky for travel and we now use at home, replaced with smaller grills. Last year we upgraded our original PWM solar controller with a Victron MPPT which networks with our battery monitor. @JamesDow - we share many items on your list. Hobbies can be expensive!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator