Options

factory fan installation

On my 2022 Tag XL Boondock, I was a little surprised to see the job that was done sealing the roof fan unit from the factory. I suppose it doesn't matter that it is a bit unsightly, since you can't really see it from any vantage point from the ground. Just wondering if this is standard, or mine is particularly untidy.

Comments

• Options
    AZTagAZTag Member Posts: 11

My 2021 T@G Boondock's sealing is equally as unsightly (to folks tall enough to see it!). And it has never leaked, which is the important part of it...

2021 T@G Boondock
    2022 4Runner TRD Off Road
    Tucson, AZ

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

@Frank; I have a patio deck which the installers did a great job sealing and making things look right. The supervisor came at the end of the day and over sealed everything making it look like your roof fan.
    Sorry that some people think more sealant is better.

• Options
    drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2022

Pretty typical for an RV. Better to seal any possible leak than not. I live in a 32 footer FT. My initial days of precise application are longgggg gone. The nice thing about our TAG fan installation is that you can buy the fan cover/hood (for rain, snow) and it installs with essentially four push-in pins since they added the assembly to the roof (the white tabs sticking up). Took me 15 minutes.

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2022

The fans use self leveling sealant. It kind of flows where it wants to go. As long as it doesn't leak..you are good to go. I though the same thing. I upgraded my fan myself and when I used the sealant..I wasn't any better..:)