Options

Factory Solar Panel & Controller

Has anyone done some research into the factory solar set-up? I downloaded the victron app and set everything up, but I'm not sure it's working correctly. The picture below shows the app readout all of the time (in direct sunlight). Looking online it seems like I definitely should be getting a watts & amp readout as well. Has anyone experienced this as well? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 173

Seems to indicate that you're not drawing any load current and the battery is fully charged. Is the battery switch on? If so, turn a bunch of lights on and see what happens?

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    LetsGoUpstateLetsGoUpstate Member Posts: 5

I ended up testing all connections with a volt meter, as well as all fuses. There appears to be no issues with those. I put a load on the battery to see if it was stopped due to full charge, there was no change. My electric cooler was reading about 11.5 volts. No reversed polarity either. I've ordered a new charge controller, about 100 bucks on amazon at the time of writing. I'll do a quick swap and see if there is a difference. I read elsewhere some people have experienced failure with the victron mppt smartsolar controllers. hopefully that will solve it as it's likely the simplest fix.

@ras said:
    Seems to indicate that you're not drawing any load current and the battery is fully charged. Is the battery switch on? If so, turn a bunch of lights on and see what happens?

• Options
    GWGorhamGWGorham Member Posts: 2

Did replacing the unit resolve the issue?

• Options
    LetsGoUpstateLetsGoUpstate Member Posts: 5

@GWGorham said:
    Did replacing the unit resolve the issue?

Yes, after replacing the charge controller everything appears to be working correctly. I assume the unit was defective and simply failed, for now. No issues since.