Options

Fan-Tastic Vent K4021-09 Black Dome Locking Kit

These seem to be no longer available.
Anyone have a replacement or suggestion?

Al

Fan-Tastic Vent K4021-09 Black Dome Locking Kit

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Try searching "Fan-Tastic Vent K4021-09"

When I search via Google, I find all sorts of items for sale.

• Options
    albutzeralbutzer Member Posts: 23

Correct, but they are all sold out - or have a huge shipping charge.
    Al

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 106

Resurrecting a zombie thread: My lock cam broke, and thus far Google has failed me... Anyone find a source for this lock kit?

I'm beginning to think that the only way to repair this lock is to replace the fan with a Maxxair.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options

Gracias!

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options

Just for gits & shiggles, I sent a message to Dometic's customer service dept, asking if the K4021-09 kit was still in production and if so, whether I could buy it directly from them. I got a reply back today saying that since my T@G is a '21 model, the fan should still be under warranty and thus they'd replace the broken locking cam for free. All I need to do is reply to them with the fan's model & serial numbers and the trailer's VIN.

Anyone know off the top of your head where the factory might have hidden a sticker with the identifying numbers on a Fan-Tastic fan? Would they have slapped it on under the interior trim panel, by any chance?

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2023

The label with the serial number could be viewed from the top looking down through the lid. (see photo)
    It can be captured using a cell phone camera.
    As I have noted on a previous thread, Dometic (Fan-Tatic Vent Fan) stands behind their products. I have received at no cost an entire new fan assembly and a new raise/lower knob. I like a company that stands behind their products.

• Options

Thank you!

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options
  • Options

Good morning group, these are back in stock on Amazon - $13 - AB

• Options

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options

It looks like it is no longer available - I got the link though google.

AB

• Options
    edited July 2023

Well, it turns out not only did my lock cam shatter, but the lid itself is broken; one of the two plastic stanchions on the underside of the lid that the lift arm rack attaches to snapped, so the lift arm rack is currently only held on to the lid by one screw.

I hunted down the label with the model & serial numbers today - it was inside the fan's duct, not on top as @JamesDow showed up-thread. I guess mine is a newer model than his, and they moved the sticker to a new location. Shipped the numbers and my T@G's VIN off to Dometic Customer Service; we'll see if my fan is still under warranty as they say it might be.

I gotta say if this is indicative of the grade of plastic Dometic/Fan-Tastic used in their 2021-vintage roof vent fans, I am far from impressed. Might as well start saving up for a MaxxAir fan to replace it with...

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 173

I ordered from Amazon after seeing the post about availability. Came in a couple of days ago. Ran my air conditioner for a couple of hours to cool our 2016 off and installed yesterday. Sorry it didn't work out for the rest of you.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options

Epilogue: I sent a photo of the model/serial number sticker in my roof fan to Dometic, along with the T@G's VIN and the date I bought it. I got an email yesterday saying they're shipping me a replacement for the cracked lid and replacement lock kit, free of charge under warranty. Can't beat that with a stick...

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options
    edited August 2023

Son of Epilogue: I got home from work today to find a box on my porch from Grand Prairie, Texas, containing a brand new Fan-Tastic fan lid and a complete lid locking kit. Thanks, Dometic!

Now, if only the weather cooperates on my days off this weekend...

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL

• Options
    edited August 2023

Return of the Son of Epilogue: So I did the dome & lock repairs today, in between rain squalls... I found that I had to take a file to the replacement lock shaft, as the new kit Dometic sent me had a shaft that was slightly larger in diameter, and thus wouldn't slip through the holes through the fan housing from under the lid to the interior. About ten minutes with an 8" bastard file and the shaft fit neatly enough. Now I have a functional lock, and a lid with no more cracked lift-rack mounts. Yay, me!

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL