Options

Trailer and Vehicle Questions

Hello, I too have had questions with towing a Tag Max XL, and I see the response Michigan Mike posted with the weights and I have seen other places give other weights and it can be confusing. Is the weights posted by Mike the most accurate ones? Also with the weight of the tongue with the LP and Battery, does it include the spare tire too? The one weight just has the tongue weight without the spare tire and such I just wanted to verify the true weight or as close as possible of the Tag Max XL with full tank of propane and battery and spare tire. And the next part with those close to accurate weights would a vehicle with a tow capacity of 2,000 lbs tow the Tax Max XL? Thanks for all the responses in advance!

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

The most accurate way to know your tongue weight is to pack the camper as you would when traveling and put a bathroom scale under the trailer jack at the height it would be when towing.

We tow a MAX X/L with a Subaru Outback 6 cylinder with no issues, hardly know its back there. You still have to drive appropriately and keep you distances.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.