Options

Pahaque 5 x7 side tent

Looking for feedback on people's experience with Pahaque 5' x7' side tents used with T@g Boondock 5? I need to get something to provide some privacy, but don't want to get something huge! Thanks in advance for comments.

2022 T@g Boondock 5 - Childsplay

Comments

• Options
    MrGneissGuyMrGneissGuy Member Posts: 20

We bought our T@G used and it had the Pahaque 5x7 with it. It does look well used, but still in good shape (Our T@G is a 2015, not sure how old the Pahaque is). Aside from doing the setup in the driveway to make sure it had all parts (and we knew how), I've only set it up once actually camping on a solo trip. I essentially used it as a changing room and to store a few things out of view/out of the elements. I wouldn't say it was huge by any means, but I had plenty of room to change, including vertical head/room. I'm not sure how leakproof it is, as the weather was near perfect the weekend I had it set up. There's actually room for a kid or two to sleep in it, though we haven't tried that, waiting to test it out in rain first.

I think we'll actually have it set up more this year. It was a nice addition on that solo trip.

Dennis
    Indiana
    2015 T@G

• Options
    GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 76

Consider that Kelty Backroads shelter. It much simpler, lighter, and cheaper. And it stows in a smaller space. It creates a large private area for changing clothes and nighttime necessities.

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited April 2023

I have that tent, it has mucho room for improvement but it works. I had velcro sewn around the portal and put the other parts around the door. So the portal is attached with the cord and industrial velcro. I don’t like the fly that goes over because it flaps all night in the wind and keeps me awake. I got a HEAVY rubber mat cut to fit that I unroll onto the floor and my tent really stays put.

Yes, it can leak. Woulda been better sans the complete screen room concept

• Options
    CapnArtCapnArt Member Posts: 14

Thanks, All! I bought the Pahaque 5x7, and love it!!

2022 T@g Boondock 5 - Childsplay