Options

Mosquitoes

PrismtagPrismtag Member Posts: 32

Hello, with the side widows open on our xl at night a little, for air flow, and the black out shades up for darkness, is it possible the mosquitoes are still getting in?

It’s frustrating.

I know it’s camping, but?

thoughts, experiences. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

In my 2018 the windows are almost always slightly open when camping. In high mosquito areas a few would be found inside. I think they mainly got in when a door was opened and closed. Try to keep any lights off when door is opened. I even went as far as to place a diffuser with citronella oil outside by the doors. I have also thought about mixing some repellent in a spray bottle to spray outside onto window frames and screens.

I have thought about a flying insect trap inside but have avoided since they work by attracting insects to them.

I do notice that no-see-ums can get through the vent screen and maybe window screens.

Yes, very frustrating.

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 117

In my experience, the best anti-mosquito device is a fan; skeeters can't withstand anything over about a 5mph breeze. I've got one of those Dewalt battery-powered jobsite fans as part of my campsite gear, and it's proved itself worthy more than a few times when I was car-camping.

I also put a layer of no-see-um mesh in my roof fan, atop the normal bug screen; that helps quite a lot.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)