Options

TV - Television Positioning

Hello All...90% likelihood I'll be a T@G owner in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone had problems with TV (Television) viewing. Some have said the angle makes it difficult to see without distortion while lying down and others have talked about modifying it to tilt forward. I was wondering what your thoughts were.

Comments

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

We have found the viewing angle is best if you release the TV in it's bracket to tilt down. Make sure you raise it and lock it in place before traveling though.

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Other than a boosted antenna or cable is anything else needed for tv in a newer T@G (like a tuner)?

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

We've not actually used an antenna or cable. We usually just pop in a DVD for movie night. Should just need to connect the cable or antenna to your camper and then probably need to search channels on your TV to get it set up.

• Options
    DouglasDouglas Member Posts: 12

I had a flat antenna that had suction cups on it
    And could get plenty of Chanel’s close to town
    Just had to search every time we moved no a big deal

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@Fourman110 said:
    Other than a boosted antenna or cable is anything else needed for tv in a newer T@G (like a tuner)?

It is basically line of sight and unless you are close to a large metropolitan area your reception will be limited. You might consider taking something like an extendable painting pole and attaching a small antennae to it or a small satellite receiver as some people use. The Moho leaf antennaes are convenient but again, they are line of sight antennaes and positioning and close proximity to a signal dictates the success of reception. Good suction cups will allow you to secure a pole and antennae to the side of the trailer with small bungy cords or you can use the tongue as a tie-off place too as that works as well.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

As lightningdon said, just press the spring-loaded release behind the top center of the TV to tilt it forward. We're not all that interested in network TV, so before we leave home we typically download from Netflix and Amazon Prime onto a tablet to feed to the TV and sound system in case we have a rainy night.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@OutdoorEd said:
    As lightningdon said, just press the spring-loaded release behind the top center of the TV to tilt it forward. We're not all that interested in network TV, so before we leave home we typically download from Netflix and Amazon Prime onto a tablet to feed to the TV and sound system in case we have a rainy night.

Do you use apple TV or something similar to do that or are you simply able to link via bluetoot?

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

Neither. I download what programs or movies I want using the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps onto a Samsung tablet. I connected the tablet to the TV using an adapter to connect the micro HDMI (from the tablet) to an HDMI cable, which plugs into the back of the TV. The Jensen sound system has an Aux source button that allows it to run the sound through the ceiling speakers without having to do anything further.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
  • Options
    WilliWilli Member Posts: 22

I know exactly what you mean. I ended up putting some washers on the upper mounting bolts. Between the tv mount and the wall. Worked for me.

Fort Myers FL.
    2015 T@G Max

• Options
    hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

I made some spacers with small pieces of wood with the upper one a bit thicker (about 1") than the lower one (about 1/2") to bolt between the Television mount and the newly modified cabinet door behind the Television. In addition to improving the viewing angle, it allows for a little bit easier access to the Television connections.

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

• Options
    GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 79

I did something similar to what @hooksnatcher did, except I used pieces of 1/2" PVC water piping for the spacers. I angled the cut to complement the angle I wanted to tilt the television down. Before that we were unlatching the bracket to tilt the television. Leaving it fixed in a tilted position with the spacers is much better.