Options

changing tag flat tire.

I watched the video on changing a flat tire on a Tag Boondocks edition but I could not replicate that experience while practicing having a flat Has anyone had to change a Tag tire and how did you do it?

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2023

I would likely lift the trailer the same way as when I grease my wheel bearings.

1. Start on a flat surface. Chock the wheels front/back and driver/passenger. Stabilizers up.

2. Lower the nose of the trailer all the way down using the trailer tongue jack.

3. Lower one stabilizer all the way down on the side you want to lift.

4. Loosen lug nuts if changing tire.

5. Jack the trailer nose up using the trailer tongue jack until the wheel clears the ground.

6. Perform tire change or wheel greasing. (Spin tire while greasing)

7. Lower trailer using trailer tongue jack.

8. Tighten lugg nuts.

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 174
    edited September 2023

@JamesDow said:
    I would likely lift the trailer the same way as when I grease my wheel bearings.
    1. Start on a flat surface. Chock the wheels front/back and driver/passenger. Stabilizers up.
    2. Lower the nose of the trailer all the way down using the trailer tongue jack.
    3. Lower one stabilizer all the way down on the side you want to lift.
    4. Loosen lug nuts if changing tire.
    5. Jack the trailer nose up using the trailer tongue jack until the wheel clears the ground.
    6. Perform tire change or wheel greasing. (Spin tire while greasing)
    7. Lower trailer using trailer tongue jack.
    8. Tighten lugg nuts.

I've also used this method to change tires and to lubricate wheel bearings. Quick and easy and I felt completely safe with the T@G supported this way. If you're changing a flat, you do have to uncouple your vehicle and trailer, but it's not a big deal.

And NuCamp has a video using this method on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7tTf0JBgVw

Not recommended for TAB 320 and 400.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    larrygerowlarrygerow Member Posts: 10

Thank you for your responses

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

The NuCamp video omits the need to uncouple the trailer from the tow vehicle. It also omit lowering the trailer tongue down prior to lowering stabilizer. A lot of other variables may be involved if working on the side of the road. Use common sense. Be safe.

• Options
    larrygerowlarrygerow Member Posts: 10

James you are very correct. I lowered the tongue before resetting the stabilizer bar and then raised the tongue and the tire lifted off the ground.