Options

Excited to Match up my 2020 T@G Boondock XL with a new TV: 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

The 2023 I5 EV can tow 2300 lbs., so what better time to get a new TV and upgrade to an EV, right? It's a calculated risk: I live in the Texas Hill Country and EV charging stations are here, but gotta trip plan Vv carefully. I took her (Smokey) on a test run long trip to Michigan and back solo for a family funeral, and the planning worked well. Hoping my planned itinerary to go to Big Bend/Terlingua in two weeks goes as smooth.

Hitched up this past weekend for a 26 mile shakedown and it did great! So smooth. I get about the same mileage towing (55% or avg.) as I did with my 2015 Ford Escape, and this was also using charge blasting the AC because it was 94 out, so I may get even better mileage. My range is 303 miles; there is a charging station and/or RV park overnight about every 100 miles.

Here they are, my getaway twins!

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K