Options

Television Mount?

Good morning, helpful and fabulous T@Ggers!

How the heck do I mount my television in a 2023 Boondock 5w? The "tv prep" cabinet opens up toward the ceiling and its outlet is totally blocked by the A/C. I didn't see a solution in the posts. Am I just missing something obvious?!?!

Comments

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71

Change the direction of the door swing to left or right instead of up.

• Options
    JLHJLH Member Posts: 18

Yep! Something obvious. Thanks, Jay.

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2023

I seem to recall the factory TV fit-kit was exactly that; they sell you a center cabinet door with pre-hung latch & hinges that swung open from the side instead of the top. You'll need to check with a local Parts Dept, as nüCamp won't sell direct-to-consumer.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options
    JLHJLH Member Posts: 18

I'm also tempted to just remove the door entirely and put a mount on the inside of the cabinet. The TV is larger than the opening, so you won't see it doesn't have a door. And, as long as the TV mount swings or extends, I can still access the space for storage.

The electrical seems a larger problem. I'm not sure the a/c plug will fit into the two gang receptacle without covering both plugs. That would mean drilling holes to pull the cord to the outlet by the fuse box.

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71

I have a friend who has a 2021 and it swung up. The dealer added a TV and didn't change the swing. He couldn't use the door. I changed the swing to open on the right, hinges on the left, works just fine now. Bought 2 new hinges, added a support for them, added a door latch.