Options

Replace Microwave

I never use the microwave (always boondocking) so would like to pull it out and replace with storage. There was a guy on etsy that built an insert, but he's gone now. I'd like to get one for my T@G 2022. Any suggestions on who might make them?

Comments

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 207

You can order a replacement cabinet from NuCamp, and it is fairly reasonably priced....or was when I did it.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    carol0454carol0454 Member Posts: 4

I followed your advice & got the pieces of one shipped to me. It didn't come with any written directions on how to best install it. I called NuCamp, who said they can't give me instructions but to go to my dealer. But it's 4 hours away! Any chance you can give me some guidance?

• Options

I'll send you a message and you can call me to discuss.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
  • Options
    GnomyGnomy Member Posts: 3

We added sliders and custom made shelf (aluminum angle 1 ½ inch) for our AlpiCool C40 – and in the process I removed the microwave to see what was behind that wall (to ensure screws wouldn’t hit anything going through). We were amazed at how much space there was in there – especially considering the sub-floor. Since we never use the microwave, was a no brainer to remove it and the sub-floor. We opted to custom design some drawers and storage space below the drawers. We originally were going to match the cabinet colors and hardware – but ended up playing with our own colors and design to match our other accessories. Top drawer is about 1 ¾ inch high, 2nd drawer is about 3 ½ inches high. Still left a lot of space below. Built a flipper panel to access the space below the drawers – which is attached by cabinet hinges and heavy duty magnets (same magnets also hold the drawers in place from the back). Note that prior to the drawers being built, we built a small protective box around the propane line going up the back. This served 2 purposes as it not only protects the line, but also was used to mount the heavy duty magnets to the backs of the drawers.
    Top drawer is used mostly for silverware and cookware (built some custom dividers). 2nd drawer is coffee, filters, bigger cookware, etc. Space below for dry/unrefrigerated food.

We love it! Now we don’t have to constantly pull out bins with silverware, cookware, coffee, etc. every time we need them – just open the drawers.

Florida Gnomes... 2023 T@G XL Boondock, 2018 Chevy Traverse