Options

Different Themes on Desktop vs. Mobile--Help Please!

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 11
edited April 24 in Help - Computer & System
Hello T@ggers. Along with @Sharon_is_SAM, I'm an Admin on the T@B forum but also help out over here on occasion. The other day, while trying to troubleshoot the mobile posting issue, I logged on to the mobile site for the first time and was surprised to see that it looks completely different from the desktop site.
So, have the mobile and desktop sites always been different? If not, can anybody identify when the change occurred? Thanks for any info or insight you can provide!

Comments

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 122
    edited April 25
    @ScottG: I've only been here about a year, but the desktop and mobile interfaces have always looked different to me.
    If it matters, I'm running Chrome iOS app on an iPhone for mobile and Firefox on a Mac for desktop, although I'm not sure that makes any difference.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 11
    edited April 25
    Thanks, @The_Rigger. Vanilla offers different "themes" that govern the appearance of the forum. The T@G and T@B desktops--and the T@B mobile site--all use an older theme called Bootstrap. However, somewhere along the line the T@G mobile site got switched to the newer Foundation theme. When and why shall remain a mystery for the time being, but it's likely we may need to transition everything to Foundation in the future as the older themes are no longer supported.