Options

Hand Rail Idea

Has anyone added an interior handrail? I would love to add a hand rail to either side of the interior but I'm not sure where I could mount.  I would love if the Boondocker handle was on the inside instead of the outside - for me it serves almost no purpose on the outside! The reason is that it would be useful to help maneuver around, help pull myself up, etc.  I have a thicker mattress with the Froli sleep system installed so moving around on your knees is really hard to steady oneself or get up to a sitting or kneeling position.

One manufacturer, Camp Inn, added this and it looks super useful 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZybJJ5R94&t=861s<br>
Has anyone added a handrail inside their Tag?

Thanks!

Tim

Comments

• Options
    konjurerkonjurer Member Posts: 9
    Obviously, no one has tried this yet so I reached out to nuCamp and they recommended mounting to the framing that holds the outer boondock handle as the only safe place. 
  • Options
    rasras Member Posts: 177
    I read it.  Had no wisdom to share..

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 130
    I didn't say anything because I didn't think I had anything to contribute.

But on the other hand, once upon a time I did ask nüCamp Tech about adding the '23 Boonie spare tire mount (that attaches to the side wall) to my '21 non-Boonie T@G, and was told that the sidewalls of my teardrop weren't strong enough for that.  It may be that your walls aren't strong enough for your hand-hold idea either, except for the spot where the outdoor Boonie handholds attach - which makes sense, as they're right next to that wonderful panel-reinforcing door frame.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 208
    Don't forget to consider the placement impact specially on how you sleep and move around inside...that mounting point (the direct inside of the outer handle) may not be ideal on the inside.

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)