Introduction from a newby

JoeFridayJoeFriday Member Posts: 9
Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe Friday and I am from Greenville, NC.    I just bought a 2020 XL Boondock Edge; purchased from an estate settlement on May 3.  I have enjoyed camping for many years and finally decided to get out of the tent.  I also like fishing.  I am retired. My wife is a high school teacher and I wanted something I hoped she would enjoy, too.  My first shakedown trip will be coming soon, I hope.  I'm still getting acquainted with the details of this camper.

Comments

• rasras Member Posts: 190
    Have fun.  You'll enjoy!

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 105
    Have a look through the archive here; it's filled with great ideas and problem solutions. The Modifications & Upgrades category is especially useful for new owners. 

Based on my experience, the key to you enjoying the T@G lies in ensuring that she's comfortable and enjoys it. One of Linda's favorite features we added is the Kelty Backroads shelter that we attach to her side of the camper - instant shade, rain and sun shelter, and privacy. 
  • ragtag2ragtag2 Member Posts: 29
    @GulfCoast funny you should mention the Kelty Backroads shelter... After our shake-down trip last month, that was the first purchase/addition we have made. We're hoping it will cut down on the wind in the kitchen and maybe decrease the need for wind-shielding for that (cheesy) single burner stove (thanks for the recc on the folding wind shield though!) We look forward to seeing how the Backroads performs as a kitchen shelter/extension and likely will appreciate the shade option too. 
  • GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 105
    @ragtag2, you might want to pick up a pool noodle and cut a couple of short pieces to pad the corners of the galley hatch to prevent them from damaging the fabric of the shelter.  We've found these suction cups to be handy for securing the Backroads shelter, especially when using it on the side of the camper. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N13T8X2

• ragtag2ragtag2 Member Posts: 29
    @Gulfcoast, will start packing some pipe insulation (got some extra pieces kicking around, I think). Gonna have a chance to see how that works for shielding the corners of the hatch, tomorrow. Also, will check how the factory Yakima rack works for attaching the Backroads for the side mounting version, might not need the suction cups... (wishful thinking?)