Door won’t latch closed

Just purchased new to me 2022 tag xl and the one door will not close properly with out slamming or pushing rear hard on the door. I have tried adjusting the striker plate but still no luck!! Anyone have any suggestions or ran into same issue and if so what did you do to remedy this issue?

Comments

• The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 165
    edited June 11
    Question: If you look in the front edge of the door jamb, next to the hinges, are there adjustment screws or any sort of fasteners that you (or an RV service tech) might loosen up a hair and tweak the door alignment?

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Posts: 2
    I have tried adjusting the striker plate but still out a lot from latching. Purchased a new striker plate and adjusted out farther but to no avail. Nearest nucamp dealer is 3 hours away so I will just keep figuring this out I guess. Thanks for the advice though 
  • The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 165
    Here's what I'm getting at: Maybe it's not the striker plate that's the problem; maybe it's the door itself. Maybe the hinge side got sprung somehow and it's not letting the striker side push into the jamb far enough to properly latch. 

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)