Say Ya to da Yoo-Pee...

The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 163
edited June 16 in Camping & Travel
Greetings from Bewabic State Park, just west of Crystal Falls, MI. I'll be setting up some ham radio gear and doing a "Parks on the Air" activation this week, as well as checking out some good whitefish dinners and the 1-lb. cinnamon rolls the size of bowling balls from the Hilltop Bakery in L'Anse.

Dave in Michigan
'21 T@G XL
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

Comments

• The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 163
    So I'm sitting here in my chair in camp, sweating in the heat & reading my book, and this whitetail deer just strolls on through my campsite, big as life and bold as Jove.... Gives me the side-eye like, "yeah, I'm a deer; what of it?" and wanders on through like he's the head of the DNR or something.

I love this planet.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• ragtag2ragtag2 Member Posts: 29
    The deer probably wanted a hunk o that awesome looking cinnamon roll... 

How are the bugs up there? We're going to be headed your direction next month, hoping the weather (and bugs, once we get East) cooperates in our first cross country with our new T@G.
  • The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 163
    edited June 19
    Enh...  It's northern Michigan. There are bugs. A couple of citronella candles would keep em under control; it's not like the skeeters & black flies I used to endure in northwestern Ontario (who attack in squadrons)... I've got one of those Flextail electronic bug repellers and it's working fine under the Kelty shelter.

The most annoying thing I'm dealing with is an onslaught of tent caterpillars dropping from the trees here.

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL