Galley Door Rubber seals and hinge cover

danpdanp Member Posts: 50
Has anyone replaced the rubber seals and hinge cover? Doesn't seem overly complicated but I am always looking for a video or someone with some wisdom. Mine is 2017 and I've developed a small leak. This may not be the source of the leak but I might as well due to age. I have ruled out handle/lock openings and narrowed down to right side lower corner as facing from the rear.

The hinge cover is  part id 78-85-7008 

The rubber seal is a type of Q seal and I sent request to Nucamp support to make sure I am getting the right part.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 647
    I know the factory uses Geocell caulk.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 24
    Mine isn’t leaking yet, but after a few years, the plastic hinge cover on my 2018 is pretty discolored. Any idea how long those should last?
  • AlleycatAlleycat Member Posts: 8
    My small guy 5 wide is leaking in the same lower right hand side. So I will be monitoring this one for sure.
    @Alleycat - Small guy = Little Guy 5 wide😊

• danpdanp Member Posts: 50
    edited August 9

Shout out to Barb at Missouri Teardrop Trailers. Prompt professional service, while the local guys, crickets. I am sure this could have been done with off the shelf products, but I chose a source with less if's, I hope. Parts #'s below.

Anyone else tackled this project? 7 plus year old seals and galley hinge cover, so I chose to completely remove existing and replace all.....Before I thought about the process. I have some experience with this on a previous td and all went well, but there wasn't a galley light wire to contend with. There is about 10" of play in the wire but I know not disconnecting is inviting trouble. Seems like I could remove the light and pull the wire out, then pull it back through when complete but that is in theory, mine. A little help please.

Dan

Seal on opening -  18'

Part number  78-85-7014 and price $2.00 per foot X 18' = $36.00

Seal on door -  18'

Part number  78-85-7016 and price $3.00 per foot X 18' = $54.00

Hinge cover - 1 each

part number  78-85-7008 and price $25.99

Shipping estimate $21.88

Total - $137.87

Missouri Teardrop Trailers is my go to recommendation for all things nuCamp!  Best parts service hands down!

edited August 10
    Let the carnage begin. Looks like the door will not have to be removed to perform this task, maybe....

Butyl tape and all seals removed. The semi ridged black mater at the top left and right corners has proven to be a bear to remove but elbow grease and persistence is getting it.

What is it so I can replace is my next question?
    I know they use GeoCell caulk, but you should ask nuCamp at tech@nucamprv.com.