Air Conditioner T@G Boondock XL

I returned from a camping trip late last Autumn and noticed a tube hanging down from the under-carriage.  The tube was hanging to road level.  My guess is that it got caught on something entering or leaving the campsite, and wore to road level as I was driving home.
   It appears to be a drainage tube for the AC's unit's condenser - and I was able to get a confirmation of this from a NuCamp representative (Skidmore OH).
   My questions are whether I need to repair this, probably feeding to an evaporation pan), or leave it as is to drip the condensed water on the road.
   Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
   Thanks.

Comments

• DCN082162DCN082162 Member Posts: 32
    I think you should check to see that the end on the AC is not draining where it not supposed to. I don't think there is a drain pan.
  • rasras Member Posts: 190
    It was designed to drip water on the ground/road.  It should be connected on the upper end to a drain pan

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 107
    I'd be concerned about whether the condensate drain tube had detached from the underside of the air conditioner. If it extends more than a couple of inches below the bottom of the camper, it's likely that it pulled loose from the air conditioner. 
  • robteroyrobteroy Member Posts: 8
    This just happened to us (air conditioner hose dragging). I took out the air conditioner last year and left the hose sitting there. It looked to me that the hose was siliconed or glued with very little of the hose protruding below the floor exterior. I siliconed it back in and will keep an eye on it. I’m a little worried about getting it draining correctly when I replace the air conditioner.
  • rasras Member Posts: 190
    robteroy said:
    This just happened to us (air conditioner hose dragging). I took out the air conditioner last year and left the hose sitting there. It looked to me that the hose was siliconed or glued with very little of the hose protruding below the floor exterior. I siliconed it back in and will keep an eye on it. I’m a little worried about getting it draining correctly when I replace the air conditioner.
    Some folks have drilled holes in the bottom of their replacement air conditioners in that driver side rear to make sure they drain in the right place.  also half a bubble high in front and half a bubble high on the passenger side tilts the air condition toward that drain.  That's how I set up with AC fan on and maxxifan on exhaust at 10-20%.  Have  never had a problem with condensation inside our T@G.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner