Sink/Burner removal

I am debating on removing the sink and burner unit because I never use the sink and find a fixed burner limiting. I found another post about doing so but didn't see the outcome. Have you removed both? Pros and Cons?

Thank you,

Dan

Comments

• UbikwityUbikwity Member Posts: 8
    Hi Dan,
    If you don't use them why not just let it be? Do you need the counter space?  Removing them will reduce the resale value I would think.
    KB

2022 T@G Boondock XL
    TV- 2017 Kia Sorento SXL.

• ragtag2ragtag2 Member Posts: 33
    Hi Dan,

If you follow the path to remove (decommission?) the stove, why not get rid of the whole propane system... which could be a noteworthy saving in weight. Likewise, if no sink, then why have that pesky fresh water system (tank/pump/electricals/plumbing)? 

Once the appliances are removed (there might be some resale value for RV/Marine DIY enthusiasts) you need to decide what you want your new counter top to look like (opportunity knocks!)... and you need to decide whether to go through the hassle of removing the old counter top or just screwing a new one (from underneath, or not) on top of the existing one (with the big/convenient access holes in it). Don't be stingy with the caulking around the edges of the new counter, get something rated for showers with mildew protection.

Also, be sure to thoroughly caulk/plug any holes where pipes/tubes/drains enter/exit walls/bulkheads/floors and such to prevent mother nature (all forms) from entering your food prep/living spaces.

Regarding Pros/Cons, you could realize some serious weight savings and a lot less seasonal maintenance. As mentioned by KB in post above, you would be decreasing resale value.

Have you considered selling your current rig and opting for a T@G SE? It seems like this is what you are looking to "build"/deconstruct.

Yours in tinkering,
    HB