I bent my stabilizer jacks on TAG XL Boondock- :(

Well, I did the dumb thing. I started to tow with my stabilizer jack's still down in the back. I caught it early, but still bent one of the jacks, so that it is difficult to crank, although not impossible. I am wondering what experience, although embarrassing, others have had with this. My plan is to remove the jack, only three bolts, and see if I can bend it a little bit too straighten. I am doubtful, as the steel seems strong. I did find the part by calling nuCamp... My dealer was clueless.
The cost will be about $50 with shipping, so I thought I would ask on the forum to see if anybody had any suggestions or thoughts.

Comments

• rasras Member Posts: 190
    edited August 14
    I did the same thing early on.  Bought a pair from Amazon.  Believe they were BAL 23025.  Cost me around $70 for the pair.  Came without the round base plates.  I just used the old ones.  Ended up with an extra jack handle that I cut down to use with a drill.  If you only need one, there's no savings.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• The_RiggerThe_Rigger Member Posts: 165
    Not on a T@G but you're not alone. I did it to my first pop-up camper on my first trip out. Plowed a couple of furrows a good 15-20 feet, bent the crap out of both stabilizers.  I replaced 'em and haven't forgotten to crank em up before moving ever again. 

Dave in Michigan
    '21 T@G XL
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

• LandpaddlerLandpaddler Member Posts: 28
    I did the same thing and was able to bend them back close enough without taking it off. It’s not perfect but it’s still works

2021 Tag XL Boondock
    Chevy Colorado ZR2
    Subaru Outback