Options

T@G Roof Rail Clips?

Along the top edge of the T@G roof runs an aluminum rail (one on each side of the trailer) with a black vinyl strip in it covering all the screws holding the rail down (and in turn I suppose the roof to the side walls).

I am trying to find a clip of some sort that would fit into the rail (maybe slide in and twist to clip into the rail). I would then use this clip (maybe an eye bolt sort of thing) to tie off a tarp which would cover the roof and provide a canopy cover for the side of the T@G opposite the rail with the clips.

I can hunt around and may eventually find something that fits, but was wondering if one of you has already "cracked that nut". Attached pic is the sort of thing I'm thinking about. BTW, I did try the "search" function first...just had no luck.

2014 T@G

Comments

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Not sure it would hold up to wind. I wouldn’t want to take a chance of having it pulled off the roof.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

@HellFish, look into Keder rail. It is a railing that is designed to accept a “cord” that is sewn into the edge of fabric, such as the different Paha Que visor, tents and awnings for the T@B. If you have access to a T@B, you’ll see the Keder rail along the top edge and bottom edge of the passenger side, and the driver’s side in later models.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited March 2018

What worked well for me on my Silver Shadow were the stainless Bimini boat top pad eyes with stainless screws. I used them for tie-off points for both tarps and for my side tent screen room. You can screw them down into the existing rail and vinyl strip permanently and esthetically they do look nice and you'll never notice them.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited March 2018

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to not introduce new holes in the trailer...hence some sort of rail clip-in solution. I guess it would be safe enough to screw something into the rail area, as that is where the factory fastened the roof to the sides. My main concern is screwing into something substantial enough as the side and roof panels themselves are pretty thin (I think). I'll keep noodling on this.

2014 T@G

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

The plastic cover on my screw rail cracked and the factory sent me a replacement. If you take the plastic strip off you could easily find the existing screws and use them for a clip that would be secured by the existing screw. You would probably have to buy a new roll of the plastic screw cover because I’m sure it would break if you try to remove it. All the existing roof screws are put in with a lot silicone sealant around them to seal. I assume the roof frame follows the metal rail on the top so it might be possible to just screw directly into the plastic cover and into the roof rail support as Mike said but be sure to use silicone on the screw to keep out water.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    DebSDebS Member Posts: 12

@Michigan_Mike said:
    What worked well for me on my Silver Shadow were the stainless Bimini boat top pad eyes with stainless screws. I used them for tie-off points for both tarps and for my side tent screen room. You can screw them down into the existing rail and vinyl strip permanently and esthetically they do look nice and you'll never notice them.

What length of screw is safe and what would that be screwing into underneath the rail?