Options

New T@G Boonie

tanda62tanda62 Member Posts: 38

Just picked up our Boondock this past Saturday and are making plans for our first outing. These are hard to find here in North Florida as we had to travel 5 hours into Alabama to get ours. Our Subaru Outback had no trouble towing but we did stay off the interstate and stuck to secondary roads - they are more scenic anyway.
I did call Pahaque and ask about a 10x10 tent and they told me this summer. They were not any more specific about the time frame but did say they have had a lot of people call to ask.
We are looking forward to learning more about our Boonie and have already benefited from reading some of the posts on this forum - thank you!
Tom and Nancy!

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Welcome aboard !
    Be sure to share your experiences with us.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    BlueBomberBlueBomber Member Posts: 6

What dealer in Alabama did you go to? I'm in Louisiana and I'm picking up a silver and black Boondock 5Wide from Bankstons in Albertville on Saturday. It was the closest one i could find and still a near 7 hour drive one way. Trading in a Rockwood Geo Pro 12RK.

• Options
    tanda62tanda62 Member Posts: 38

We went to RV Roadway in Calera just south of Birmingham. It is a mom and pop shop with really nice people who really are nice. These campers are new to them so they don't have a ton of knowledge but we did a lot of research before going so had a pretty good idea what we wanted.
    Safe travels picking up yours!

Also wanted to share. I looked under and found some surface rust on the axle and the leveling jacks along with some on the hitch in the front. Being a bit, well you know, I did some cleaning and painted the parts. The leveling jacks come off real easy, just three self tapping screws and they came off. Easy to take apart as well. I also put some wheel bearing grease on the screw to help with movement.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@tanda62 With the wheel bearing grease, dirt and grit will accumulate on it quite a bit, just be aware and add cleaning it to your maintenance list.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    PerrytrailsPerrytrails Member Posts: 11

Congrats on your camper. You will love it.