Options

Norcold 30L cooler and Solar question

2»

Comments

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

Yes, it is a 10 amp Renogy so another panel will fit within it parameters. The 50 watt panel maxes at about 2.5 amps. I have a portable Dokio folding panel while at the camp site that is supposedly a 100 watt unit but I have only seen about 2.5 amps from it so I have it prewired to set it out in parallel and connect in line with "Y" connectors to this 50 watt panel to run into the controller. Between the two I will get more amps through my controller to the battery while camped and will also be able to aim the portable panel more toward the sun as the day progresses. I think between the two panels in parallel it will equal a 100 watt solar system. I am considering adding a 100 watt Renogy flexible roof panel in the future and run it through system and might increase controller to 20 amps to handle the amps. As it is, this set up with the 50 watt panel takes the strain off of the car charging system and can maintain the frig while in transit very adequately. That was my real purpose in setting this up this way originally. My tow vehicle is a Ford Edge and I am not overwhelmed by its ability to charge two batteries. This was my original concern. Hope this helps in your planning process. Bill

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 639

gto, you mentioned that you can’t find “baja” 700 w generator on Home Depot site. - You should be able to go to the Home depot site and search for and find it with: - "baja inverter generator" or # "306283803" or # "BAi911LP" ($329.00)
    The same generator with the RYOBI brand is # "302703564: or # "RYi911LP" ($299.00)