Options

Supporting the Stargazer Window In the Open Position

Though we’ve owned our 2017 T@G for a year now and have taken it on several trips, our trip this last weekend was the first time we tried opening the Stargazer window and propping it open using the two attached support arms. Except in the fully opened position, these short, mostly plastic support arms were unable to hold open the heavy window at lower opening positions. I tightened the knurled knobs as tight as I felt comfortable doing without breaking them, but no luck. Given the length of the window and it’s weight, along with the relatively short length of the two support arms, I can understand how they appear to be not designed for the job (believe they are the same size used on the two smaller side windows, where they work well). Is this everyone else’s experience? From a design perspective, it would seem to me that the support arms for the Stargazer window should be considerably longer, though the curvature of the front wall might make that somewhat problematic. Am I having a unique problem here? Thanks ahead of time for any comments.

2017 T@G Max
2016 Subaru Crosstrek
Anacortes, WA

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I have the same experience, but did not call it a failure. Just a limitation.

So far, we have simply decided to live with it. We like it wide open anyway. ;)

I am actually sleeping on my porch protected by a roof up-until bugg season come back. And nope, I am not ground by my gf, she sleep outside with me when she join me at the cabin. ;)

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Mine work fine. Are they sliding down? Maybe clean off in case there is something on them.

2017 T@G Max

• Options

@mgreen2 said:
    Mine work fine. Are they sliding down? Maybe clean off in case there is something on them.

Are you keeping the window like 1" open at the bottom?

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358
    edited May 2018

When discussing windows and doors it’s real important to identify the type of trailer you have. Otherwise confusion ensues. I’m :ohstop:

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

@TomD said:
    When discussing windows and doors it’s real important to identify the type of trailer you have. Otherwise confusion ensues. I’m :ohstop:

Good pount. Cause to me, this is the T@G forum. ;)

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

This is a forum for T@G’s and other Teardrops. The Silver Shadow Owners do encounter many of the same challenges the owners encounter. After owning a Silver Shadow, there is a special place in my heart for the SS ;)

There are also T@B owners here even though there is a T@B forum.

• Options

@Verna said:
    This is a forum for T@G’s and other Teardrops. The Silver Shadow Owners do encounter many of the same challenges the owners encounter. After owning a Silver Shadow, there is a special place in my heart for the SS ;)

There are also T@B owners here even though there is a T@B forum.

I know all this Verna, and I did remembered this when @TomD said to specifiy the trailer type. Cause I did forget about the multiple trailer type forum when we moved from the NuCamp T@G forum to here, even if the name was more global, for the first few months, It was mostly us from the T@G wolrd and a few moderator like you with other models.

No hard feelings, just a memory reset. :)

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

No hard feelings, @LuckyJ. Just an FYI for everyone here.

This is a great forum, very helpful owners, and very good documentation of the mods that everyone does.

Keep up the great work ;)