Options

Wall thickness?

Does anyone know the wall thickness of the T@G? When I add things to the interior I want to make sure that I don't puncture the exterior skin. What type and size screws do you use?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Pull out a speaker from the sealing, you will see what you are dealing with. But the wall material is very thin. You can also simply open a window and put you fingers of one hand on each side.

But for sure' 1/2" screews are fine. The wall inner and outsheets are probably 1/8" think, not more that that and 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick sandwich. But I am no a fan of drill thrue a wall w/o finding a wall framing aluminium tube.

• Options
    CabinByTheSeaCabinByTheSea Member Posts: 1

Is there anywhere that has the diagram of where all the studs are in the walls by any chance?

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

We have never been able to get that information. But for sure, side walls have no middle ribs that we know off, but a diameter frame (roof arch and bottom of the wall), and also some kind of framing around the door and windows. We are told that the factory get them fully sandwiched from a subcontractor, so they do jot have the info (does not fly with me, but that is the only answer we got so far) we would need to visit the subcontractor for a plant tour to get the info.

The seeling is different animal. There should be a video on a tread somwhere here. Posted it my self.

And btw, the famous hazdel material, is only a very thin layer making the outer skin. Nothing esle.

• Options
    HavenwoodHavenwood Member Posts: 11

We contacted Nucamp before deciding to attach a corner shelf we'd built to the T@G sidewall.

They recommended not going any further that 3/4" into the wall, which we did very carefully with one person inside slowly turning the screw and one person outside watching for any sign of it possibly starting to push through.

Since then we've carefully attached other items to the sidewall, always being sure to insert 3/4" or less into the wall.

Link to photo of shelf screwed into sidewall of T@G...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1702502163158623&set=p.1702502163158623&type=3&theater&ifg=1