Options

Step outside the doors

Has anyone found/installed a folding step for outside the doors? Since the frame bends right under the doors the ones I have seen aftermarket so far will not work as they need the frame to be straight for installation.
Thanks for any help.
Tom

Comments

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

If you have a boondock model they are putting them on the 2019 model. Might contact NuCamp parts and see if they sell them.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@mgreen2 said:
    If you have a boondock model they are putting them on the 2019 model. Might contact NuCamp parts and see if they sell them.

Hmmmm....
    Interesting. Anyone have a new model that has one installed? Photos?

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    tanda62tanda62 Member Posts: 38

Emailed NuCamp and here is the response:

Good Morning Tom,

$34.85 each for the step. There is a drivers and passenger side step. So if you don’t want both please clarify which side when you order. To order please call 330.852.4811 ext 304 or press 2 for parts.

• Options

Found a picture on NuCamp's Instagram but I don't know how to copy it to this board. If you are on Instagram check it out.

• Options

So disappointing news today about the steps but hopefully they will be available soon.

From NuCamp:

I talked with purchasing about these steps and they said not to sell any to customers as of now. we are getting a sample in for one of our suppliers. We have a local guy making them for us now. I will get back to you in 2 weeks and let give you an update on this. Sorry about this.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I've also been casting about for a step. My son is growing like a weed but he isn't quite up to the 30 inch door height yet. I had previously removed the zoomy aluminum front rack and cut it up to repurpose. I had cut the sticky-uppy hoops off and decided to use them as steps. Curiously, the width between the bars exactly matches the center between the predrilled frame holes for the gas line and electric harness clamps. I cut the zoomy hoops to length and drilled the tubing for bolts. I happened to have some bolts in the correct length so I bolted them on. Some finish detail is in order but they work great. I'll do a more detailed writeup soon.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.