Options

Trailer Dolly?

JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

I'm not sure if this is the right section for the question, but I would like to know how difficult it is to move a Tag with the assistance of a two wheel hand dolly?
I will have a very slight grade for a short distance to place the camper in my garage.

Comments

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

On level concrete it is very easy (T@G). On dry, level grass I can pull it if I get some
    "mo" and keep it moving. On soggy ground or up a grade I can't move it alone. I have a Harbor Freight dolly (about $50). Note, when using this dolly, a sharp turn allows the dolly wheel to hit the jack stand pipe (even with trailer wheel removed and jack all the way up). This limits how sharp you can turn. Also, the plastic handle on the dolly tend to slip off when pulling real hard.

2014 T@G

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited May 2018

I agree with Hellfush. Another thing people have done to alleviate the plastic wheel is to replace it with a rubber (inflated) jockey wheel. Back when I had smaller teardrops I used an 8" tire from Harbor Freight and fabricated a jockey wheel that allowed me to easily push the trailer around in loose soil conditions, etc. if I was going to do it over again I'd use a 10" wheel as they are stronger and spread the weight of the trailer out better.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70
  • Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

About the inflated wheel, their is someone on the T@B forum I memory is good that tried that, was sure it was one of the beat idea, until she realy tried it. It turnd out to be not good at all. Inflated small wheels can only take such amount of weight in a straight line. Even HD carts for heavy loaded used hard wheels.

For soft ground, I would used the two wheel ed jack.

Look around and dig the web before investing in a jack wheel mod.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

I carry a length of chain on board just in case the LG imbeds. I then let the TV save the day.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

I've been considering getting a dolly. I'm thinking this would make me able to wheel the T@G in and out of the garage by myself without having to wrangle my husband's help. Can anyone confirm that this idea has merit?

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43

@LuckyJ said:
    About the inflated wheel, their is someone on the T@B forum I memory is good that tried that, was sure it was one of the beat idea, until she realy tried it. It turnd out to be not good at all. Inflated small wheels can only take such amount of weight in a straight line. Even HD carts for heavy loaded used hard wheels.

A contrasting perspective:

This pneumatic wheel rolls on all surfaces better than the hard plastic alternative supplied with the DM T@Bs. On level, smooth surfaces the T@B can be moved easily by one person. It often allows us to position SUNT@B in places that could not be achieved otherwise. It has been reliable and trouble free for years. A very high value upgrade IMO
    Have fun,
    Bob

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@rfuss928 said:

@LuckyJ said:

A contrasting perspective:

This pneumatic wheel rolls on all surfaces better than the hard plastic alternative supplied with the DM T@Bs. On level, smooth surfaces the T@B can be moved easily by one person. It often allows us to position SUNT@B in places that could not be achieved otherwise. It has been reliable and trouble free for years. A very high value upgrade IMO
    Have fun,
    Bob

I am extremely happy that it work good for you! Perso, the hard plastic wheel works on any surface for our T@G, and I know I will never have to deal with a flat tire. And the hard wheel take less space that a larger pneumatic tire. But this is just me.

I was just repporting what I saw on the post.

I am curious, what kind of air pressure do you have in your tire and what is the max capacity of it.