refrigeration

how long and often to run frig
when only using battery power.

Comments

• mikewingo1955mikewingo1955 Member Posts: 25

My T@G is new so I also have a new battery. I was curious about this, so ran a trial at home. I bought an inexpensive meter to be able to monitor battery charge. I fully charged the battery, then turned the fridge on and left it all day. It's been very hot here so it was a pretty good test. The battery drain varied from about 15% to 23% per day. Nothing additional on except the fridge.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Just so you know, when the fidge is on, you have more tyan just the fridge that is running, unless you have connected it direclty to the battery.

The converter charger is on, the jensen radio/dvd is using power as the television, and all the usb outlet you have are also giving power to the small transfo they have inside. So there is phantom power drain. Plus, the cable wire gauge are not the big, creating more resistance.

We have gotten our T@G last june, a year ago, and I and still in the process of working out the frig power usage and how long it will realisticly last on the on board battery. Our ARB fridge will last up to 4 days in my jeep battery and I can still start it w/o hesitation after those 4 days.

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Don’t forget you can reduce refrigerator consumption by including frozen items in it (ice, frozen hamburger, etc).

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Also forgot that if information isright, the new propane shut off switch under the trailer as to be wired and must consumme electricity.

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

We had ours set at 5 degrees while parked for 2 days and no other items being used last summer with plenty of charge left.

2017 T@G Max

• TennTimTennTim Member Posts: 29

I was camping in the winter and it stayed cold for a week with no battery drain! It was below freezing outside, so maybe that helped. ;)

• rickwe818rickwe818 Member Posts: 37

This is good to hear about battery charge and your fridge. I have posted pretty much the same question on battery, electrical, and solar. I guess we'll muddle our way through all of this. I want to find out if it's possible to run the AC all night from solar power.

• TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Rickwe818...the AC will not run off solar and/or battery alone. The AC will need shore power.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV