Options

Organizational Tips & Tricks?

JennFJennF Member Posts: 5

Hi all! We are so excited to be a part of the T@G Community! We just brought home our new 2018 T@G this weekend, and are trying to think of a good name for her. :)

We have big plans for breaking her in since we're moving across the country in a few weeks, and will be camping along the way for 10-11 days. We will be moving the big stuff, but will still have a packed car with 2 people, 2 large dogs & 10 days worth of supplies. So, I want to utilize every little piece of space available for storage, and am hoping you all can share some photos & descriptions of any tips & tricks, or organizing tools or products you have made/bought. I'm especially curious about the space under the mattress because it doesn't seem to fit much of anything.

I've read some great posts on adding a shelf in the cabinet in the kitchen area, and have been looking at collapsible items such as this tea kettle: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Silicone-Stainless-Steel-Collapsible-Tea-Kettle/48601078 and this table/organizer combo: https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Sherpa-Table-Organizer/dp/B005DTEM2U?ref=ast_p_ep.

We also want to get a foldable camp table and/or chairs, a tent of some sort (we're currently exploring all of the options) and a mat to wipe our shoes, but am wondering where people store all of this while driving, especially when its rainy & wet? I don't really want to put it on our bed all dirty, but might be a tight fit in the car.

Thank you in advance for your ideas & suggestions! Hope to see some of you on the road some day.

Jenn & Ryan
2018 T@G
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Zorro & Winston (the furbabies)

Comments

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

Here's what I keep under the bed:
    2 extra camp chairs, flag pole, extra fuses, two door mats, dust pan and whisk broom, led christmas lights, bungees and clips, emergency rain ponchos and emergency blankets, extra blanket, beach mat, spare batteries, and probably some other stuff I can't think of right now. Under bed for me is for longer term storage--get it out when we arrive, put it away when we pack up. Stuff that I have to pack up wet I usually shove into a garbage bag (I keep those in the headboard) to keep mess at bay until we can dry out. I carry table, chairs, privacy tent and EZ ups in the tow vehicle while we travel...but I don't have dogs to contend with.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

I stack the beds and put chairs, Clam screen room, TV antenna, outdoor mat (in a bag), etc on the non bed side. My collapsible table fits nicely in the galley on that six-ish inch open area of the floor). Under the bed storage is solar panels, tire wrench, tool kit, electrical cables, fuses, electrical adapters and such.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited June 2018

In our case, under bed storage as extra bed sheets, tools, an xtra 2 stove burner in case we need to cook under a separate shelter, gf camping chair, mine is in the front propane box, collapse smaller than hers, sand stakes for arb awning, and other stuff like that.

And we still have not foumd what to store inside the T@G but the space heater and fuse box. Even with that, still want to do the behind TV space add.

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

I only carry spare tent stakes, a few American flags, and extra 2 burner stove, and my large cast iron skillet under the bed. Too hard to get to. I plan to do the hings mod and gas strut lifters, but that hasn't hit high enough on my home priority list to get me into it.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Lightningdon said:
    I only carry spare tent stakes, a few American flags, and extra 2 burner stove, and my large cast iron skillet under the bed. Too hard to get to. I plan to do the hings mod and gas strut lifters, but that hasn't hit high enough on my home priority list to get me into it.

Beging with the hinge mod. Take about 10 minutes and make a big difference.

• Options
    michaelsandovalngcmichaelsandovalngc Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2018

I agree with the hinge mod. I did it using the same parts that the discussion has on here and it works awesome!!!

San Diego, CA
    2018 T@G boondock
    2011 Subaru Outback

• Options
    JennFJennF Member Posts: 5

Thank everyone! I have yet to find any camp chairs that fit under the beds, but will keep looking. Sounds like using this space as storage for things we don't need very often will be the best bet.

I also like the posts that I have seen with the shoe bags on the outside of the door, and the waterproof kitchen bag with dry foods to sit on the counter while driving. Otherwise it seems like the kitchen cabinet space will be pretty full with cleaning supplies, dry goods & dishes.

Keep the ideas coming please! I'm sure we will figure some of it out on our own, but would rather learn from those who have more experience.

Jenn & Ryan
    2018 T@G
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek
    Zorro & Winston (the furbabies)

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Shoes wise..... I leave my Keens outside the door (they dry quickly and are ready for a quick bathroom jaunt). Boots I push a bit under the unit. Tennis shoes go in a plastic shoe bin with a lid that I keep on the fender of my Boondock XL (flat top fender).

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay