Options

Water hook-up

So this will be my 3rd trip with my new T@G (7 days in Maine!), but my first time with an H2O hook-up at the campsite. I"ve purchased a hose and pressure regulator, but just curious if the water fills the tank or is there a separate line that goes directly to the faucet? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I've only just filled the tank manually for boondocking and used the H2O pump that way. Do I need to turn on the pump when hooked up with the hose, or does it flow automatically? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Separate line to the sink.
    I would recommend hooking it up at home and checking for leaks in advance of going out on the road and trying it for the first time.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

I would also recommend a filter like this one.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Water-Filter-with-Hose/14504321

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

You can turn the pump off and the water will flow at the regulated pressure.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    BrianBrian Member Posts: 26

Like Tom said, it is a separate line and the pump is not needed. Be sure your hose connection at the trailer is tight, though. Mine was a little loose once without my realizing it and as a result I had water running down the inside wall and into the sleeping compartment. Fortunately I realized what was happening before any damage was done.

Brian & Lisa
    North Georgia
    2017 T@G Max XL / 2011 Kia Sorento

• Options
    AspenAspen Member Posts: 45

Thank you, everybody! Exactly what I needed to know. I don't plan on using it for drinking water, but a filter is not a bad idea anyhow. I'll be sure to test it all out before I hit the road to hopefully avoid any surprises at camp... good point!

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I have considered putting in a valve for the city water line that would allow me to hook up a hose and fill the tank. But then....Why? I usually fill at home with a water hose stuck in the fill port, then using a 5 gallon can on the road. No point in fixing something that isn't broken...
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.