Options

Galley questions

tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

Just came back from a 23 day road trip, the T@G was great but did run into a couple of issues in the galley. I guess it was from the heat but the edges of the cabinet doors are delaminating, we taped them down to finish the trip and I will unmount the doors and see if I can glue them back. More of a problem was the slide out for the fridge, we did encounter some rough roads and one day it would not open, discovered the tabs on the latches had bent back and could not move enough to work. After fixing it the second time, I started strapping the drawer in with a bungee so it wouldn't move on the bumps. Anyone have ideas on how to permanently handle these? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

How old is your trailer? If you have warranty the delamination should be covered. If I were you I'd call the factory and ask for Marvin Raber and tell him about things. They might help you out and they are good about warranty work and they should be able to help you with the issue, whether it be sending you out new cabinet doors, etc.

As for your fridge unit, it sounds like you travel in some rough conditions and along some tough back-roads. Trailer bounce is going to happen and irregardless of what you do, unless you slow down and minimize the pounding there are things that are going to break, be distorted, etc. I found out that after a while my cabinet area in my former 5-wide was separating and dropping because I was setting gear on the counter-top during travel. I think you are on the right road here so far as using a bungee cord to keep the frig unit in place. Post up some photos as that will help in disguising the problem and coming up with a possible fix.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

Thanks, Mike. We did an event called "MINI Takes the States", almost 9,000 miles, 21 campgrounds in 23 days, there were some bad roads (avoid I-70 in Indianapolis at all costs!). I will call nuCamp about the fridge drawer as you suggested but I already glued the edges of the doors back, doesn't look too bad. I will take and shrink some pics next time I am up in the garage, supposed to start raining in a bit for the next day or so here.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

Yes, with the interstate construction in Indianapolis, I-70 is terrible and I-65 is closed inside the I-465 loop on the Northwest side. And to add more headaches, they are repairing I-465 on the weekends, so it was gridlock this past weekend. Good luck traveling through Indy for the next 6 weeks!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Hope the repairs are completed come cactus time! =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400