Options

Jensen DVD upgrade

Has anyone replaced the Jensen DVD player in their T@G? Ours has stopped working and we are having a heck of a time trying to get the dealer and Nu Camp to replace it. I am at the the point of looking for a better unit and just replacing the Jensen.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@tanda62 said:
    Has anyone replaced the Jensen DVD player in their T@G? Ours has stopped working and we are having a heck of a time trying to get the dealer and Nu Camp to replace it. I am at the the point of looking for a better unit and just replacing the Jensen.

How old is your trailer? If your trailer is new it should be covered under the year long warranty. If not, you might want to call the factory and ask t speak with Elsie Miller and she might be able to sell you one direct. I can't attest to it in certainty but Elsie would be able to give you information.

As for changing out the unit it should be fairly straight forward, remove the front cover, unscrew the unit from the panel, unplug the power, speakers, etc. and replace with a new unit. There's not much to removing the unit and as long as you can go back with the same size unit.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    tanda62tanda62 Member Posts: 38

It is a 2018 and is supposed to be covered by the warranty. The dealer has told me the process with Nu Camp to do warranty work is what is causing the delay but I don't really think over a month is due to paperwork issues.
    Thanks for the name, I may give her a call. I have pulled the unit out already once to give the dealer all the numbers on it - I am five hours away from the dealer so not somewhere I can just pop in to.
    I really don't know anything about Jensen and if they are quality products, maybe I just got a one off dud...

Tom

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Shoot Nucamp an email. They were super responsive with an issue I had. Make sure to include your trailers VIN.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@tanda62 said:
    It is a 2018 and is supposed to be covered by the warranty. The dealer has told me the process with Nu Camp to do warranty work is what is causing the delay but I don't really think over a month is due to paperwork issues.
    Thanks for the name, I may give her a call. I have pulled the unit out already once to give the dealer all the numbers on it - I am five hours away from the dealer so not somewhere I can just pop in to.
    I really don't know anything about Jensen and if they are quality products, maybe I just got a one off dud...

Tom

So the unit won't power up? I have a new 400 and had to play with the Jensen a bit to get it to play properly. What else can you tell me about the unit as far as how it performed previously, problems encountered, etc?

Marvin Raber is the warranty rep for the factory and you could call and ask for him and he can probably help you out too, since the unit is under warranty.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Thanks for the contact name at Nu Camp. The unit powers up but does not play DVDs. At first it would randomly pause and then start playing again. The unit would also randomly change the volume up and down. Now it just refuses to play. I will talk to Nu Camp and see what can be done. It would be nice if they would send me a new unit and I can put it in but I may have to go to the dealer.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Tom

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2018

Things to check:
    Before unloading the radio, check for interference from other wireless devices. Light dimmers, wireless brake controllers and even wireless thermometers often make strange bedfellows. My wireless LED light controller from Menards also runs my Jensen....poorly I might add...like two parents telling one child what to do...
    It doesn't sound like that's the case here but one must check. Take the batteries out of any wireless transmitter close by and test again. The Jensen unit (I like mine) seems to be susceptible to rf noise. Particularly the volume control.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

I finally emailed Nu Camp and got a great response from Renee Beachy the warranty administrator! They are sending me a new unit and I will send the old one back to them. Nice to have such good customer service.
    Tom